Now that the price parity is gone, exclusive software will truly decide this gen

#41InfinityOver0Posted 5/14/2014 8:34:54 PM
oh, so you want to ignore the hardware differences too? in that case, i guess we should throw in the ps360 and remind ourselves theyre both better than x1.
---
Ramona: Are you the Pac Man guy?
Scott Pilgrim: No, that was some other... loser.
#42MonicasBackPosted 5/14/2014 8:35:20 PM
Lol exclusives havent mattered since the PS2 days.
---
Monicaaa
#43SabramPosted 5/14/2014 10:13:17 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
Homie_202 posted...
EastCoastKody posted...
SparkItUp posted...
DRzCalderon posted...
Actually Multi-platforms always decide gen. And as long as the PS4 has the superior versions I don't see this price parity being quite fair in my opinion. At leas to me.

My top 5 games of last gen are all Multi-platforms:
1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Batman Arkham City
4. Dark Souls
5. Borderlands 2

^ this exactly. Multiplats make up the vast majority of the games that come out on consoles and provide the best way to compare the consoles as far as performance. Exclusives are simply icing on the cake to be slowly licked off.

didn't Wii sell the most last gen? with the worst hardware and multiplats

didn't Xbox sell less than PS2? but had superior hardware and multiplats

The wii also had the family and children market locked down. They still had tons of 3rd party games a lot of which never came out on other platforms. Also the original xbox never came out until much later then the ps2. And even then the ps2 still had more games coming out for it.

The original xbox came out a year after the PS2. About the same time it took for the PS3 to release after the 360.

And the OG Xbox never came close to catching the PS2. Meanwhile the PS3 which released a year later, caught and surpassed the 360.

Sony has a much larger name in the gaming industry than Microsoft overall. I can guarantee what turned a lot of folks off from the PS3 initially was the price.
---
I am completely original with my usernames... Starbound and Terraria are great
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#44coldwinePosted 5/14/2014 10:33:57 PM
...agree that multiplats are (usually) the best games.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange
#45teaguejrPosted 5/14/2014 10:35:26 PM
I believe the price difference was gone when you could buy the Titanfall bundle for $399 and it still wasnt selling well an you got a free game with the deal
---
PSN: Broodn; XBox Live: Broodn; Nintendo FC: 1048-9985-3372; Nintendo ID: Broodn
#46SabramPosted 5/14/2014 10:41:04 PM
teaguejr posted...
I believe the price difference was gone when you could buy the Titanfall bundle for $399 and it still wasnt selling well an you got a free game with the deal

That was a temporary thing, and you're right, it didnt close the gap at all. It just widened a bit less than usual.

The real thing that will help with gap-closing is dropping the mandatory Kinect. Although I expect the stand-alone Kinect to be sold for more that $100, since MS likes to screw their customers so much.

I remember making a post about this ages ago, where the smarter choice for MS would be to have the system at a lower price to encourage buyers, and sell the Kinect separately so the two items together would add to more than the cost with it bundled.

Like has been stated, people like to be given a choice.
---
I am completely original with my usernames... Starbound and Terraria are great
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#47lunchbox2042Posted 5/18/2014 10:17:43 AM
Navex posted...
FFXIV is PS4 only? Pft that blows, oh well. I guess making more money is not part of SE's agenda as no matter what Sony paid them for the exclusivity it would be menial compared to what they would make being cross platform.

Microsoft didn't want to allow cross platform play and Square Enix didn't want to separate the player base due to platforms. If anything, blame Microsoft for not playing well with others. Sony agreed to allow PC and PS3/PS4 players to play together on the same servers.
#48LotrMorgothPosted 5/18/2014 10:22:17 AM
Just to clarify- parity means equality; price parity has now been established with them both at 399$
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#49GuiltySoul2005Posted 5/18/2014 10:23:52 AM
There's still a big hardware gap that's not going to just magically go away.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x