Kinect-less Xbox is great and all, but did it now lose features?

#1diablo7238Posted 5/13/2014 11:24:14 AM
Grant it I didn't really want kinect, but after playing on a Xbox my roommate has (I have ps4) it's really not as bad people say it is.

Now without kinect... Do we lose SNAP feature? Record That feature? All those little features you can do with voice? Or is there gonna be an option to do this manually? If also done manually have well would it be done? It might seem nice and all at $400, but if these features are basically gone (only can do it with kinect) it seems like it's not worth it to get the $400 model.

Discuss?
---
Xbox Live GT: xX D1AI3LO Xx
PSN: Diablo7238
#2SparkItUpPosted 5/13/2014 11:25:46 AM
diablo7238 posted...
Grant it I didn't really want kinect, but after playing on a Xbox my roommate has (I have ps4) it's really not as bad people say it is.

Now without kinect... Do we lose SNAP feature? Record That feature? All those little features you can do with voice? Or is there gonna be an option to do this manually? If also done manually have well would it be done? It might seem nice and all at $400, but if these features are basically gone (only can do it with kinect) it seems like it's not worth it to get the $400 model.

Discuss?

Easy solution, get one with Kinect....problem solved /topic
#3EastCoastKodyPosted 5/13/2014 11:26:32 AM
i know nothing about kinect....but the video on the xbox site, says that the Snap stuff still works
#4Kabuto_YPosted 5/13/2014 11:26:47 AM
Yes. No Kinect inherently means no kinect features for these consoles. You're still paying $500 if you want anything the kinect provides.

So really, the only thing that a Kinectless Xbone is, as far as the "all-in-one" media center, is a cable box that requires a cable box and a remote.
---
3DS FC: 2449-4620-4409
AC town name: 'Murrica
#5TheMuffinPosted 5/13/2014 11:28:55 AM
SparkItUp posted...
diablo7238 posted...

Discuss?

Easy solution, get one with Kinect....problem solved /topic

Yup. Me personally, I don't need the snap feature. I don't have cable anymore and if I'm playing a game, the last thing I want is to cut the screen in two. As for game capture, I already have an El Gato that can record for hours as opposed to a 30 second clip or whatever it is.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#6SolidManifestPosted 5/13/2014 11:29:57 AM
Xbox 1 = X360 with native 720p support :)
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#7Joe_ArpaioPosted 5/13/2014 11:30:58 AM
Granted
#8brownmysterPosted 5/13/2014 11:32:16 AM
Only thing you be able to do now is control your ui with voice commands or hand gesters. And xbox record that for the 30 second clips. U can still do the game dvr though.
#9Laylow12Posted 5/13/2014 11:33:28 AM
SolidManifest posted...
Xbox 1 = X360 with native 720p support :)

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#10Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 5/13/2014 11:34:02 AM
diablo7238 posted...
It might seem nice and all at $400, but if these features are basically gone (only can do it with kinect) it seems like it's not worth it to get the $400 model.

That just depends on whether or not you want/use those features. I only use snap/unsnap and switch, which can easily be done by going Home. I don't care about recording gameplay or navigating the menus with it. It's basically worthless to me. I'm not saying that I regret being an early adopter because I have been enjoying the hell out of it, but it sure would have been nice to have the option to buy the system without the Kinect for $100 less when I bought it back in February.
---
I have to return some videotapes.