I'm personally a little disappointed and disheartened by this Kinect removal.

#41mokmuudPosted 5/13/2014 1:50:00 PM
I agree with sigma. Its a shame MS didn't stand firm with their vision for the Xbox One.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#42crucialPosted 5/13/2014 2:06:24 PM
They did and the people did not want it,give us the option,make good games and VR and MS can sell kinects again,kinect will still be for sale alone or the console itself they are just making a 400 version,people act like kinect 2.0 is just gone forever.
#43mokmuudPosted 5/13/2014 2:12:21 PM
crucial posted...
They did and the people did not want it,give us the option,make good games and VR and MS can sell kinects again,kinect will still be for sale alone or the console itself they are just making a 400 version,people act like kinect 2.0 is just gone forever.

No but now there is going to be one more reason for devs to not risk supporting it. Its not like the Xbox was selling poorly it just wasn't selling as fast as the PS4. And MS sacrificed their vision for nothing really. Even with this change I don't see the gap closing much if at all.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#44Ramsus082Posted 5/13/2014 2:16:15 PM
Just because something is innovative and fresh doesn't mean it's fun. The Kinect was both of those things. And yet, the industry clearly doesn't want to "progress" just for the sake of progression. That's silly and irresponsible.The Kinect was both those things as well.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#45scoobydoobydontPosted 5/13/2014 2:16:57 PM
crucial posted...

No, people didn't want to pay $450+ for a weaker console.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
#46PominAusPosted 5/13/2014 2:20:03 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Agree 100% with TC.
#47muffinmasherPosted 5/13/2014 2:20:09 PM
I agree with this 100%.

There needs to be more unique game experiences and of the homogeneous crap we're being fed.
---
3DS FC: 0173-1320-7190
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#48Ramsus082Posted 5/13/2014 2:23:05 PM
In that light, I'm not disappointed so much with Kinect's removal as I was disappointed with it's criminal under-use. I saw, like many others, that this was going to be worse than a waste of time, it was actually going to cause harm to the brand and gaming in general. And I think you can still make that argument. Would the gaming industry be in a healthier state if the XboxOne launched without Kinect and was selling better because of it from the start? I think it would, at least my perspective of a healthy industry, and especially for Xbox gamers.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#49kidwgmPosted 5/13/2014 2:24:44 PM
darkshadowmaster posted...
TBH I am as well.

I was looking forward to seeing what they could do since it's 100% part of the system.

Now more than likely devs will once again ignore it because they're aren't going to spend time/money developing/programming features for a device that may or may not be attached to the system.

Agreed. People celebrating just confirms to me all they wanted was a 360 v2.
---
Currently Playing: Disney Magical World and Titanfall.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#50MasteroftheArtsPosted 5/13/2014 2:26:58 PM
What a stupid decision by Microsoft. Now a ton of people are going to buy the kinect-less version, the number of kinects owned by X1 owners will drop massively, the incentive for developers to develop for the system will drop, and it will be much less likely that developers with bother to develop for the kinect in innovative ways.

Hooray. The only thing that made a console stand out from a crappy PC that the manufacturers shelled out money for exclusives is now pushed to the side...
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."