I'm personally a little disappointed and disheartened by this Kinect removal.

#51FeatherwindPosted 5/13/2014 2:26:59 PM
You seem to still be puzzled by the hate MS gets but I'll say again that a big part of the negativity comes from them holding games and IPs "hostage". If they did not have "standard" exclusive games like the first person shooter Halo or driving game Forza that have really nothing to do with the "Xbox One package" I don't think people would hate them as much. Many just want to play standard games like Titanfall on decent and solid devices but this is not possible because Xbox One tries to be both standard and gimmicky console at the same time.

In fact MS themselves are aware of this and try to sell the console (with the Kinect included) with these games that have nothing to do with the Kinect. There is no good reason why people need to buy a redundant console from MS just to play these IPs and standard games that could just as well be played on good and cheap hardware and even less reasons to buy random stuff like the Kinect that they don't care about.
---
pathological
#52venom_is_backPosted 5/13/2014 2:27:28 PM
While I think Kinect is interesting and fun, I rarely use it. Sometimes I could say "xbox turn on" for minutes with nothing happening. Sometimes it detects that command immediately. My point is, most Kinect commands can be done by pressing a button on the controller and that is a faster way.

The Kinect sports is fun, definitly. If I had the chance to save 100$, I would have gladly bought a kinect less version
---
Justo Faison
http://www.last.fm/user/azad06
#53Ramsus082Posted 5/13/2014 2:34:52 PM

Quite why anyone rejoices over what is effectively castrating the current generation into a selection of inferior PC Lite machines is beyond me.

What if what consumers actually wanted from the beginning was a PC lite machine? A device they can play games on without the fuss of building/upgrading/maintaining a PC? That seems to me what the industry has spoken up for with their wallets.

What if your version, TC, of an evolving console market included buying and using a peripheral for gaming that was in no-way fun for many, many consumers to utilize? Is it really "castrating" the generation by not making them pay for and use a device that they didn't want in the first place? Or are they stifling innovation and evolution by refusing to buy it?
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#54leatheljPosted 5/13/2014 3:11:21 PM
I agree tc ppl just don't want innovation of any kind it's sad really. But hey give the ppl xbox360 2.0 it really is a shame Microsoft has sacrificed there vision for nothing to please the angry crowd? I don't know what to say really I thought ms was risk takers and innovaters unlike sony but even they cave same will happen with VR head sets.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#55Miiri0Posted 5/13/2014 3:13:09 PM
Garage_Man posted...
I don't have a x1 but honestly all x1 owners should feel some for MS. They just dumped the differentiating feature they wanted you all to have. Honestly this is why I hate MS. They bsckpedal on EVERYTHING. It's so dumb, it's why I avoid their things at all costs because in a year or two it will be different anyways.

Flip flop is microsoft.
#56nableetPosted 5/13/2014 3:19:17 PM
leathelj posted...
I agree tc ppl just don't want innovation of any kind it's sad really. But hey give the ppl xbox360 2.0 it really is a shame Microsoft has sacrificed there vision for nothing to please the angry crowd? I don't know what to say really I thought ms was risk takers and innovaters unlike sony but even they cave same will happen with VR head sets.

Innovation does not automatically make something good. It is the job of MS to show us why it is good, not for us to buy in to a supposed potential.

Please the angry crowd? The lower than forecast sales have caused this. The angry crowds were around since reveal... Yet it has only just changed.

I'm not sure the VR stuff will take off either, but it does have the novelty factor atm.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#57mrdelriegoPosted 5/13/2014 3:23:18 PM
Other than the Wiimote (and that's debatable because of it's target demographic) , which other gimmick has ever made a console successful?

3D graphics? CDs? DVDs? Bluray? Online? (not really gimmicks) all available on PCs, better and cheaper.

If gimmicks are what make you a console gamer, by all means, go ahead and buy a gaming PC.
#58Run_2_the_HillsPosted 5/13/2014 3:26:22 PM
leathelj posted...

Except they didn't make anything that warrants the kinect. 6 months later, "Xbox on" whoopie.
#59Ramsus082Posted 5/13/2014 3:29:47 PM(edited)
Maybe Kinect just wasn't the droid we were looking for. I know that it's existence represents technological progression to some here, but that's not synonymous with fun. Kinect failed because it wasn't fun to use, and no developer wanted to be innovative with it. Doesn't that tell us everything we need to know? The device has been available in some form for years now, and there's not only no worthwhile content for it, there hasn't even been any announced.

What more are we missing, here?
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#60Ramsus082Posted 5/13/2014 3:34:57 PM
And why in the hell do we as consumers need to make Microsoft's arguments for Kinect for them? They never demonstrated why we needed this in our homes and how gaming and the industry was better-off with a forced bundle. They never released any good content for it, and yet here some of us are, trying to convince each other that we gave up on it so soon. The thing is, how could consumers be expected to give it a chance if neither developers nor Microsoft themselves ever gave us a compelling reason to do so?

The burden was on Microsoft to demonstrate why this was a good idea for gaming, and they failed at that. I'm not sure why we ever made their arguments for them. We're the consumers, and we don't owe them our money. From the beginning, the console felt like a demonstration of their entitlement to it on account of the X360's success. **** that.
---