Phil Spencer did 2 things. Save XBOX from 2nd/3rd place and Kill Kinect's Future

#1Full ThrottlePosted 5/13/2014 10:50:02 AM
He saved xbox from coming 2nd or 3rd in america, although who knows, it may have been 1st overall if americans waited for a price drop with the bundle, although lagged elsewhere but it might've been 1st anyway in america.

but at the same time, he killed whatever chance Kinect had in gaining any 3rd party support or even showing off its potential for gaming (if it had any)

they didn't even wait until they had a "killer" game that used kinect to prove it's usefulness, such as with Project Spark. it took 6 months to kill a peripheral and now they have to market the xbox something differently rather than an "all in one" device.
---
PSN: mrduckbear
Call me mrduckbear, not Full Throttle, sweater monkies. For every bug that is intentionally stepped on, something evil will happen...
#2TauriLeaderPosted 5/13/2014 11:04:02 AM(edited)
You forgot the loss on each console sold has increased. Millions of Kinect peripheral sitting around wasting money and finally the millions of dollars lost in the development of Kinect.

Just when you think they see the division in profit it falls back into the hole.

They also lost their unique selling point now it is a less powerful Ps4.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#3Tajaz2426Posted 5/13/2014 11:03:01 AM
With this, they will own NA.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 5/13/2014 11:04:24 AM
MS was going to be second place before the decision, and they're staying second place after.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
#5InterzoneMantraPosted 5/13/2014 11:06:36 AM
Wtf does everyone keep on saying "Phil Spencer saved the Xbox"? It's the fans who made this happen. The fans voted with their wallets, and if Phil spencer wasn't there, someone else would have done the same thing. So give credit to the fans.
#6EvVv3Posted 5/13/2014 11:08:49 AM
lolno all the guy did was kill Kinect development. They were always going to be in 2nd
---
<('-'<) ^( '-' )^ <( '-' )> ^( '-' )^ (>'-')>
#7RybalPosted 5/13/2014 11:09:13 AM
It may still end up in second place in the US.

Today's announcements DID make it competitive with the PS4 and will ensure that it will do better than the Wii U (which was probably a given, anyway).

Overall, I'd say today is an A+ news day for Microsoft.

----------------

Side Note - I see we have a Stargate SG-1 fan at post #2. Awesome
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#8TauriLeaderPosted 5/13/2014 11:15:05 AM
Rybal posted...

Side Note - I see we have a Stargate SG-1 fan at post #2. Awesome

Shol'va Kree ;)
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#9gumbyxcore99Posted 5/13/2014 11:17:38 AM
kinect never had a future. it hasn't since the first one was released almost 4 years ago
---
http://ovalteam.tumblr.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoj0xJsdO7U
#10TBONE_OGPosted 5/13/2014 11:17:53 AM
I really like to see the difference in how many Xbox One owners who own Kinect and those who do not in next year.

My guess is most X1 owners will have Kinect. It's the complete system.
---
Always O.G.