Phil Spencer did 2 things. Save XBOX from 2nd/3rd place and Kill Kinect's Future

#11EnclavePosted 5/13/2014 12:20:42 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
MS was going to be second place before the decision, and they're staying second place after.

While they're likely to remain 2nd place as things currently stand? They were possibly at risk of competing with the Wii U for 2nd place, largely based on the fact that Nintendo seems to be doing a decent job of finally getting games people actually want.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#12Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 5/13/2014 12:24:41 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
MS was going to be second place before the decision, and they're staying second place after.

This(they were already going to finish ahead of the Wii U worldwide) but it could possibly get them first in the US. They're already second in the US IIRC.
#13Darkside_ShadowPosted 5/13/2014 12:26:31 PM
He had One job
And he did two.
#14SparkItUpPosted 5/13/2014 12:27:47 PM
InterzoneMantra posted...
Wtf does everyone keep on saying "Phil Spencer saved the Xbox"? It's the fans who made this happen. The fans voted with their wallets, and if Phil spencer wasn't there, someone else would have done the same thing. So give credit to the fans.

False. While I agree that Phil Spencer did not make this happen, it was the lack of sales made this happen. Fans are the ones that bought it regardless.
#15InterzoneMantraPosted 5/13/2014 12:35:12 PM
SparkItUp posted...
InterzoneMantra posted...
Wtf does everyone keep on saying "Phil Spencer saved the Xbox"? It's the fans who made this happen. The fans voted with their wallets, and if Phil spencer wasn't there, someone else would have done the same thing. So give credit to the fans.

False. While I agree that Phil Spencer did not make this happen, it was the lack of sales made this happen. Fans are the ones that bought it regardless.

Yeah lack of sales made it happen too, but it was the community who were vocal to let ms know why they weren't buying it. So in the end the gaming fans made it happen.
#16kyncaniPosted 5/13/2014 12:44:55 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
I really like to see the difference in how many Xbox One owners who own Kinect and those who do not in next year.
My guess is most X1 owners will have Kinect. It's the complete system.

Lolno.

Kinect is dead, for the better :)

Give monthly free games with Live and the Xbox One would actually be worth it !
#17Homie_202Posted 5/13/2014 12:51:53 PM
Couple thing I still don't see the xbox outselling the ps4. Yes it did kill the kinect hopefully. But I still think next gen if they make another console they will make another kinect. Also you can't really make a "killer" game with the kinect. You need buttons for most games. That's why hardcore games have only ever integrated voice commands.
#18SparkItUpPosted 5/13/2014 12:54:44 PM
kyncani posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
I really like to see the difference in how many Xbox One owners who own Kinect and those who do not in next year.

Lolno.

Kinect is dead, for the better :)

Give monthly free games with Live and the Xbox One would actually be worth it !

I believe they are actually transforming the games with gold program into the model that PS+ uses
#19SyphonFilterAddictPosted 5/13/2014 12:57:39 PM
If MS wanted Kinect to work, they would have wowed us when they unveiled it. NOTHING did. You don't re-release beta add-ons and require consumers to purchase it in hopes that someday it might get better.
---
What?! No one dashy-dine on Stavros!
#20devnull520Posted 5/13/2014 1:01:52 PM
TBONE_OG posted...

I have Kinect, but as soon as they deliver "xbox record that" and automatic sign in without Kinect, I am shelving it. I dont care about the extra 100 dollars I paid. It does not bother me at all, I just dont want that thing sitting in front of my tv.