Phil Spencer did 2 things. Save XBOX from 2nd/3rd place and Kill Kinect's Future

#21shinstrikePosted 5/13/2014 12:02:36 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
I really like to see the difference in how many Xbox One owners who own Kinect and those who do not in next year.

My guess is most X1 owners will have Kinect. It's the complete system.

I say your guess is correct, but only because the main people who wanted the console already purchased it.
---
Pokemon X Friend Safari Galvantula, Electrabuzz, Pachirisu(Electric type), friend code 2766 8993 3310 3DS name Generic, Pokemon X name Land
#22garcia_jxPosted 5/13/2014 12:06:17 PM
All Xbox is a weak system now. They lost the advantage they had, but I guess customers can always buy the Kinect if they please.
#23Ramsus082Posted 5/13/2014 12:09:22 PM
Guys....they couldn't give these away with $50 off, two free games, free Xbox Live, and free massages with happy-endings.

The US gaming market does not want an XboxOne. Let it go. Make your peace with it. It won't make the games you own any crappier.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#24kyncaniPosted 5/13/2014 8:46:28 PM
SparkItUp posted...
kyncani posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
I really like to see the difference in how many Xbox One owners who own Kinect and those who do not in next year.
My guess is most X1 owners will have Kinect. It's the complete system.

Lolno.

Kinect is dead, for the better :)

Give monthly free games with Live and the Xbox One would actually be worth it !

I believe they are actually transforming the games with gold program into the model that PS+ uses

That is what they've announced. I'm still waiting until the Xbox One gets a steady flow of AAA games, like how PS+ works on PS3.
#25josh924Posted 5/13/2014 9:13:29 PM(edited)
Full Throttle posted...
He saved xbox from coming 2nd or 3rd in america, although who knows, it may have been 1st overall if americans waited for a price drop with the bundle, although lagged elsewhere but it might've been 1st anyway in america.

It would have been 2nd regardless, seeing as how only 2.7m Wii Us were sold in the last year.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/05/07/nintendo-announces-another-annual-loss-617-million-wii-u-consoles-sold

Even without a Kinect-less bundle or a price drop, the Xbox One was well on its way to selling at least 3m before the end of this year in North America alone.

Edit: I meant to say that the Xbox One was on its way to selling at least 3m units in North America alone between now and the end of the year, not 3m for this entire year.

TauriLeader posted...
They also lost their unique selling point now it is a less powerful Ps4.

As others have said, they didn't "lose" the Kinect; they just made it completely optional.
---
Only an idiot would regularly post on a board that is dedicated to a console that they don't plan on owning.
#26tadmfpolePosted 5/13/2014 9:06:50 PM
The guy made the right decision. He didn't kill anything, he made an option that should have been there since the console launched. If Kinect is such an amazing device it shouldn't need to be a mandatory pack in with the console, it should sell itself by itself. If making it an option is killing it then it never stood a chance to begin with and was obviously holding back a lot of potential sales or this decision would have never even been considered.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#27Synyster18Posted 5/13/2014 9:49:40 PM
Kinect is never going to feel necessary if they don't develop experiences that people can't have otherwise. Games like Dance Central and Kinect Sports gave people experiences they weren't used to and thus, made the Kinect and Xbox 360 by extension, unique. But when you only have a few gems in a sea of shovelware, you aren't going to get anything accomplished.

Then, you make it a mandatory accessory on your new console and release next to nothing for it. There should have been a good lineup of Kinect-centric games at launch or at least in that window and there wasn't. Consoles will always be about games first, before anything else. If you don't have games, you don't have a winner.
#28RaRitsujunPosted 5/13/2014 9:50:55 PM
All Xbox is a weak system now. They lost the advantage they had, but I guess customers can always buy the Kinect if they please.

---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 49 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#29lunaticcorePosted 5/13/2014 9:53:30 PM
I still don't get the connection between the Kinect and the Xb1 being an "All in One device.

It still can pretty much do everything. It's just not gonna have the voice commands (I love them), or Kinect games (I hate them). They can come up with a solution to the voice command problem.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#30mokmuudPosted 5/13/2014 9:54:37 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
With this, they will own NA.

I doubt the sales gap between it and PS4 well change that much if at all.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539