Phil Spencer did 2 things. Save XBOX from 2nd/3rd place and Kill Kinect's Future

#41HenryKazukaPosted 5/17/2014 4:26:50 AM
suprsolider posted...
He saved xbox from coming 2nd or 3rd in america, although who knows, it may have been 1st overall if americans waited for a price drop with the bundle, although lagged elsewhere but it might've been 1st anyway in america.

Not likely.

PS4 is dominating everywhere and will continue to dominate.
Sorry to crush your dreams.
The ONLY reason why Xbox 360 was big in the US was because PS3 was $600 at launch and more expensive and the multiplats were better.
Now the situation is reversed. Microsoft has i zero chance of beating PS4, it was like this before they even announced Xbox One and will continue the entire generation.

The PS3 managed to reverse the situation by the end of its cycle, I wouldn't say the Xbox one has has zero chances through the entire generation.
---
Hard work may pay in the long run, but laziness always pays off right now!
#42Cage137Posted 5/17/2014 5:21:41 AM
Phil will be the savoir of the Xbox Team. That guy did something right and fast. I really can't wait for E3 this year. He might even close down the paywall. If that happens, boy, do Xbox did something right.
#43lunchbox2042Posted 5/17/2014 5:36:29 AM
It wasn't gaining 3rd party support to begin with. All he did was put that miserable failure out of it's misery.
#44nb003_99Posted 5/17/2014 5:41:51 AM
HenryKazuka posted...
suprsolider posted...
He saved xbox from coming 2nd or 3rd in america, although who knows, it may have been 1st overall if americans waited for a price drop with the bundle, although lagged elsewhere but it might've been 1st anyway in america.

Not likely.

PS4 is dominating everywhere and will continue to dominate.
Sorry to crush your dreams.
The ONLY reason why Xbox 360 was big in the US was because PS3 was $600 at launch and more expensive and the multiplats were better.
Now the situation is reversed. Microsoft has i zero chance of beating PS4, it was like this before they even announced Xbox One and will continue the entire generation.

The PS3 managed to reverse the situation by the end of its cycle, I wouldn't say the Xbox one has has zero chances through the entire generation.

With the scrambling they (MS/Phil) are doing, I think it is apparent MS will do anything possible to support the X1. This is a good thing for gamers that sony lit a fire under thier ass, as competition has a way of pushing everything forward. Anyone spouting about spin off/bankrupt is forecasting thier own agenda.
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#45nb003_99Posted 5/17/2014 5:44:52 AM
Cage137 posted...
Phil will be the savoir of the Xbox Team. That guy did something right and fast. I really can't wait for E3 this year. He might even close down the paywall. If that happens, boy, do Xbox did something right.

He already did for Netflix, etc. still don't understand why subscription based games need gold though.
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#46GambitbuzzkillPosted 5/17/2014 6:03:58 AM
All MS has to do is keep the games coming out and ppl will buy the system so many people on here want to write them off way to fast.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#47LeoBane99Posted 5/17/2014 6:11:40 AM
All MS has to do is keep the games coming out and ppl will buy the system so many people on here want to write them off way to fast

This. We aren't even a full year into the lifespans of both the PS4 and the Xbone. We really have no clue what will happen. As long as the bone has games people will buy it. same with PS4.
#48GambitbuzzkillPosted 5/17/2014 6:17:06 AM
LeoBane99 posted...
All MS has to do is keep the games coming out and ppl will buy the system so many people on here want to write them off way to fast

This. We aren't even a full year into the lifespans of both the PS4 and the Xbone. We really have no clue what will happen. As long as the bone has games people will buy it. same with PS4.

Yeah MS is taking the right steps with games like Sunset Overdrive and even if they stay in 2nd place this is not a bad thing. All it will do is keep them trying to come up with new games to get more market shares so that would be amazing for us.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#49Ryan-06Posted 5/17/2014 3:26:22 PM
So how's Don Mattrick?
---
chart (outdated): http://ow.ly/uuJ6g, Dalai Lama: http://i.imgur.com/XGawTZt.jpg
chocolate: http://ow.ly/t0gvj, http://ow.ly/t0g1Y