It's amazing how much the PS4 molded the Xbox One and future of the brand

#1PhaseBlackPosted 5/13/2014 1:59:36 PM
Microsofts original vision was very different, now it's exactly in the image as the PS4's
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2HorridhalPosted 5/13/2014 2:02:36 PM
To be fair the 360 did much of the same or the PS3 policies last gen.

Following suit by adopting good policies is not a bad thing.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#3AzaneAzerPosted 5/13/2014 2:04:49 PM(edited)
and now Xboxone is just an inferior ps4, with the last unique thing taken away.

They invested everything into trying to reinvent the wheel, with the result of having to make the wheel like everyone else.
#4PorungaPosted 5/13/2014 2:13:12 PM
AzaneAzer posted...

They invested everything into trying to reinvent the wheel, with the result of having to make the wheel like everyone else.

Unique does not necessarily equal good. I honestly feel that the xbox one will enjoy far greater success without the kinect weighing it down. Not to mention that I honestly believe that MS will be working on an alternate system that will allow voice commands without the kinect, similar to the way PS4 does.
#5bossk5Posted 5/13/2014 2:18:20 PM
Horridhal posted...

---
I buy used games. I own a PS4, so according to Gamefaqs law I now have the right to act like a complete douchebag on the Xbox One board.
#6embrandedonePosted 5/13/2014 2:20:09 PM
bossk5 posted...
Horridhal posted...

I gotta agree with those guys. PS3 followed suit with achievements (trophies) and a more robust online structure.

Still, copying someone's functionality is not exactly the same as neutering your vision to avoid bad sales. :)
---
PS4 - #thethirstisreal
#7Enigma149Posted 5/13/2014 2:21:55 PM
AzaneAzer posted...

*sigh*

This.

Honestly, I supported this decision earlier today, but the more I think about it...Microsoft's abandoned their vision. Now, there's absolutely no reason to buy an Xbox One, outside of exclusives, just like there's no reason to buy a PS4 outside of exclusives. Unlike any of the previous generations, which brought so much to the table, these systems are, basically, minor upgrades of their predecessors, with nothing compelling about them. In many cases, they're worse - the PS4 especially, which has gone the Microsoft approach with pay-to-play online and has removed most of its media capabilities.

Is that working out so far? Well, the PS4's selling well...in America and Europe. In Japan, it wasted the one chance to revitalize the console market. Perhaps it will continue to find success, but with Japan being less of an emphasis in the console market, I can't imagine gaming returning to the diversity we had during the PS4 / GCN / Xbox era when both Japan and the west were flourishing.

The Xbox One was selling quite well, too, but I can't imagine those sales keeping up now that it's literally just a PS4 with slightly weaker hardware and a slightly different game selection. Even if it does, what good does that do gamers? Promote the idea that companies can pursue the bare minimum and still have sales? Is that what people want for the next generation? A PS5 and Xbox Two that can't stand up to PCs from today?
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#8djblackicePosted 5/13/2014 2:22:43 PM
bossk5 posted...
Horridhal posted...

Your sig is offensive and too absolute. You should be ashamed.

Haha, when is the next PSP game like Crush coming out? I know you know.
---
Modern definition of "video games" - a subject by which 30+ year old men (with children) can troll message boards daily to fulfill their empty lives.
#9AzaneAzerPosted 5/13/2014 2:24:01 PM(edited)
It wasn't selling well

Source;

DAY ONE CONSOLES STILL ON SALE

The biggest difference between Adopting good policies... Is that The Xboxone hasnt adopted good polciies, they've just been repealing God Awful ones that they put out at the E3 that signed it's death Warrant. (BIll Gates isn't a valid source trolls can come and say that Microsoft will keep supporting Xbox Fully)
#10SparkItUpPosted 5/13/2014 2:27:03 PM(edited)
Horridhal posted...

To be fair, the PS3 still found a way of making it their own. Games w/ Gold is going to be a direct copy of PS+. The console (XB1) itself has lost everything (DRM, Kinect, Always Online, Family Sharing, even Games w/ Gold has been changed) and has become a direct copy of the PS4 (except in the performance department). They've stripped all of its originality away and essentially have made it a PS4 Lite.

Don't get me wrong, with this latest reversal, I am planning to get an XB1 eventually now simply for the exclusives...but that is essentially all it will be used for. I see absolutely nothing else that defines what the XB1 is any longer.