It's amazing how much the PS4 molded the Xbox One and future of the brand

#21MonicasBackPosted 5/13/2014 2:52:10 PM
Xbox wouldnt even be around if it wasnt for the playstation
---
Monicaaa
#22djblackicePosted 5/13/2014 2:56:33 PM
bossk5 posted...
djblackice posted...
I still can't believe how they completely f***** the Mega Man franchise.

The spiritual successor looks tight as hell at least ( I can't remember the name)

Oh yeah, Mighty No. 9. Next year I'll get it on the Vita for sure.
---
Modern definition of "video games" - a subject by which 30+ year old men (with children) can troll message boards daily to fulfill their empty lives.
#23VanderZooPosted 5/13/2014 2:58:50 PM(edited)
I've never seen so many adaptations and policy reversals in response to a competitive console before.

It proves Sony made the console gamers wanted, MS didn't. MS has slowly been turning the XB1 into a PS4. Compare what the XB1 was originally to what this new Kinect-less XB1 is, in less than 8 months from launch.

Eveyrthing from the DRM, region locked, used games, always online, price, dropping Kinect, no more paywall for applications, supporting self-publishing for indie's...

It's just unreal how much they've reversed in so little time. It's a testament to the power of competition. If there was no PS4 we'd all still be stuck with a $500 always online spybox.
#24AzaneAzerPosted 5/13/2014 3:01:17 PM
Enigma149 posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
It wasn't selling well

Source;

DAY ONE CONSOLES STILL ON SALE

Amazon may have still had Day One editions, but the system sold over 4 million units and outpaced Microsoft's expectations. As for why those Day One editions were still on sale...maybe they were holding them back. Amazon still sells the Zune HD new, and even after it sells out, manages to somehow get more up within a week.

I don't think Microsoft planned to be competing with Ouya for sales though.
#25embrandedonePosted 5/14/2014 2:29:49 AM
As they say...Follow the Leader.
---
PS4 - #thethirstisreal
#26ssjgohhkuPosted 5/14/2014 3:33:25 AM
PS4 the shaper of Xbox One.
#27Spetsnaz420Posted 5/14/2014 3:35:09 AM
Horridhal posted...
To be fair the 360 did much of the same or the PS3 policies last gen.

Following suit by adopting good policies is not a bad thing.

I came in to say this... Look at the PS4...it was exactly what Sony fans wanted. Thanks to the 360 we got it.

I hope both companies take the best the others have to offer... There's no losing for us in the scenario.
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382