lol@ this hilarious pr spin from MS

#1billOrileyPosted 5/13/2014 3:29:59 PM(edited)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/05/13/microsofts-yusuf-mehdi-explains-the-xbox-ones-split-with-kinect-2/

He addressed the gaps between the ps4 and xbone sales, and said why the ps4 is selling more than the xbone.

"It’s hard to really assess the gap in sales. They’re in many more markets right now than we are. They’re in 40+ markets, we’re in 13. People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3, so in that respect people have less of a need to upgrade in the short term due to regular updates for the Xbox 360. We could point to any number of things. That said, we’ve heard from a lot of our Xbox fans who say, “Hey look, I want an Xbox One, but at $499, I probably have to wait a little while before I can afford to get one.” I do think we’re going to get people now who move over, and then buy the Kinect later. So I do think the [price point] broadens the appeal and hopefully brings more people to Xbox One sooner."

TO sum it up he's pretty much saying.

More people buying PS4, hence they hate their PS3. Less buy Xbox One, they love their 360.
---
**** it, we'll do it live!
#2Miiri0Posted 5/13/2014 3:27:39 PM
Many of my 360 friends get ps4 and ended up getting ps3 too. Those ps+ offering are the insane! Insane good!
#3iamdanthamanPosted 5/13/2014 3:28:57 PM
Sorry, what exactly is incorrect about his statement. Part of the reason why I haven't jumped into next gen yet is because I love my 360. He is basically describing me. But you also totally ignored the part where he said that PS4 is in 40 markets and XB1 is only in 13. That makes a difference. XB1 will be launching in more markets this fall, including China, which is becoming one of the strongest economies in the world. They may not close the gap entirely, but it will close, and introducing a kinectless, less expensive sku will only help broaden the install base.
---
All your base are belong to us
#4shawnmckPosted 5/13/2014 3:30:16 PM
The tactic the guy was doing was trying to throw as much mud against the wall and hoping that some of it sticks.
But in the end, its still just mud.
#5EnclavePosted 5/13/2014 3:34:47 PM(edited)
iamdanthaman posted...
Sorry, what exactly is incorrect about his statement. Part of the reason why I haven't jumped into next gen yet is because I love my 360. He is basically describing me. But you also totally ignored the part where he said that PS4 is in 40 markets and XB1 is only in 13. That makes a difference. XB1 will be launching in more markets this fall, including China, which is becoming one of the strongest economies in the world. They may not close the gap entirely, but it will close, and introducing a kinectless, less expensive sku will only help broaden the install base.

Yet in the markets they're both released in the PS4 is outselling the Xbone.

That's the point the TC is making and the point Yusuf Mehdi is glossing over.

Not to mention he's basically insulting everybody who didn't buy the system due to Kinect.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#6kcypher2000Posted 5/13/2014 3:33:10 PM
Except the ps4 is in more countries and selling for less..... Also ps3 is so dead sony is porting gsmes less than a year old to ps4 so he has a point.

Hey ponies maybe you should get a 360 since you love indies so much!!
#7RaRitsujunPosted 5/13/2014 3:34:35 PM
Miiri0 posted...
Many of my 360 friends get ps4 and ended up getting ps3 too. Those ps+ offering are the insane! Insane good!

Take note, MS180. :DD
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 49 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#8kcypher2000Posted 5/13/2014 3:35:19 PM
Enclave posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
aid that PS4 is in 40 markets and XB1 is only in 13. That makes a difference. XB1 will be launching in more markets this fall, including China, which is becoming one of the stronges

Yet in the markets they're both released in the PS4 is outselling the Xbone.

That's the point the TC is making and the point Yusuf Mehdi is glossing over.

Not to mention he's basically insulting everybody who didn't buy the system due to Kinect.

Its also 20% less genius. Ps4 is the McDonalds of consoles. Funny how ponies ignore how bad its selling in Japan and barely outselling xbox in the countries they are both in.

Atleast your games are 1080p.... Nevermind.
#9Juzten76Posted 5/13/2014 3:35:51 PM
billOriley posted...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/05/13/microsofts-yusuf-mehdi-explains-the-xbox-ones-split-with-kinect-2/

He addressed the gaps between the ps4 and xbone sales, and said why the ps4 is selling more than the xbone.

"It’s hard to really assess the gap in sales. They’re in many more markets right now than we are. They’re in 40+ markets, we’re in 13. People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3, so in that respect people have less of a need to upgrade in the short term due to regular updates for the Xbox 360. We could point to any number of things. That said, we’ve heard from a lot of our Xbox fans who say, “Hey look, I want an Xbox One, but at $499, I probably have to wait a little while before I can afford to get one.” I do think we’re going to get people now who move over, and then buy the Kinect later. So I do think the [price point] broadens the appeal and hopefully brings more people to Xbox One sooner."

TO sum it up he's pretty much saying.

More people buying PS4, hence they hate their PS3. Less buy Xbox One, they love their 360.

Sounds right.
Is Pony mad?
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#10kcypher2000Posted 5/13/2014 3:36:27 PM
RaRitsujun posted...
Miiri0 posted...

Take note, MS180. :DD

Ah gullible people. Believe everything you read online.