lol@ this hilarious pr spin from MS

#11kcypher2000Posted 5/13/2014 4:38:44 PM
Juzten76 posted...
billOriley posted...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/05/13/microsofts-yusuf-mehdi-explains-the-xbox-ones-split-with-kinect-2/

He addressed the gaps between the ps4 and xbone sales, and said why the ps4 is selling more than the xbone.

"It’s hard to really assess the gap in sales. They’re in many more markets right now than we are. They’re in 40+ markets, we’re in 13. People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3, so in that respect people have less of a need to upgrade in the short term due to regular updates for the Xbox 360. We could point to any number of things. That said, we’ve heard from a lot of our Xbox fans who say, “Hey look, I want an Xbox One, but at $499, I probably have to wait a little while before I can afford to get one.” I do think we’re going to get people now who move over, and then buy the Kinect later. So I do think the [price point] broadens the appeal and hopefully brings more people to Xbox One sooner."

TO sum it up he's pretty much saying.

More people buying PS4, hence they hate their PS3. Less buy Xbox One, they love their 360.

Sounds right.
Is Pony mad?

A few weeks ago they claimed there was no reason to get an xbox one since 360 still was getting games like TF. Now they 180 ? Silly ponies.
#12GladiatorDangerPosted 5/13/2014 4:40:15 PM
billOriley posted...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/05/13/microsofts-yusuf-mehdi-explains-the-xbox-ones-split-with-kinect-2/

He addressed the gaps between the ps4 and xbone sales, and said why the ps4 is selling more than the xbone.

"It’s hard to really assess the gap in sales. They’re in many more markets right now than we are. They’re in 40+ markets, we’re in 13. People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3, so in that respect people have less of a need to upgrade in the short term due to regular updates for the Xbox 360. We could point to any number of things. That said, we’ve heard from a lot of our Xbox fans who say, “Hey look, I want an Xbox One, but at $499, I probably have to wait a little while before I can afford to get one.” I do think we’re going to get people now who move over, and then buy the Kinect later. So I do think the [price point] broadens the appeal and hopefully brings more people to Xbox One sooner."

TO sum it up he's pretty much saying.

More people buying PS4, hence they hate their PS3. Less buy Xbox One, they love their 360.

Well one would think the next logical step for Microsoft would be to stop supporting the Xbox 360 then.
#13EnclavePosted 5/13/2014 4:43:18 PM(edited)
My ignore list is getting way too full. See, I've started putting everybody who uses the terms pony, xbot and nintendrone on it. Specifically when they use it as some sort of moronic insult.

That said, the boards are slowly becoming a more tolerable place.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#14Juzten76Posted 5/13/2014 4:45:11 PM
Enclave posted...
My ignore list is getting way too full. See, I've started putting everybody who uses the terms pony, xbot and nintendrone on it. Specifically when they use it as some sort of moronic insult.

God forbid people insult the fanboys.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#15EnclavePosted 5/13/2014 4:46:39 PM
Juzten76 posted...
Enclave posted...

If you use a term like pony or xbot or nintendrone? You are just as bad as them and deserve to be ignored as well. You can shut down a troll without resorting to such pathetic "insults"
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#16IzraeilPosted 5/13/2014 4:47:46 PM
You all do know that PS3 is still selling much better than the 360. Also with a higher pice tag.
#17billOriley(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 4:55:29 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
Enclave posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
aid that PS4 is in 40 markets and XB1 is only in 13. That makes a difference. XB1 will be launching in more markets this fall, including China, which is becoming one of the stronges

Yet in the markets they're both released in the PS4 is outselling the Xbone.

That's the point the TC is making and the point Yusuf Mehdi is glossing over.

Not to mention he's basically insulting everybody who didn't buy the system due to Kinect.

Its also 20% less genius. Ps4 is the McDonalds of consoles. Funny how ponies ignore how bad its selling in Japan and barely outselling xbox in the countries they are both in.

Atleast your games are 1080p.... Nevermind.

Funny how locals like you never mention that the xbone still got outsold when with their biggest touted exclusive of the year at a $400 price drop with a free game,and free year of live still failed to outsell their competitor on their biggest market. Funny how you ignore that the xbone is selling so slow that they're reducing production on it.
---
**** it, we'll do it live!
#18Juzten76Posted 5/13/2014 4:58:56 PM
Enclave posted...
Juzten76 posted...
Enclave posted...

If you use a term like pony or xbot or nintendrone? You are just as bad as them and deserve to be ignored as well. You can shut down a troll without resorting to such pathetic "insults"

Pony is a funny name though.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#19EnclavePosted 5/13/2014 5:00:04 PM
Didn't see kcypher2000s post until billOriley quoted it (for reasons previously mentioned in this thread).

kcypher2000, I'm not a Sony fanboy, just because somebody is critical of something doesn't mean they're trolling it and a huge fanboy of the competition. Yes, I have a PS4. That's however due to Sony not being ass hats about the system and delivering what I wanted. Microsoft has now made their system acceptable and I'll likely be buying it in a few years. Thing is? If MS had done this from the start? I could very well have a Xbone right now instead of a PS4.

See, I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an informed consumer who isn't going to blindly follow some corporation because "reasons".
---
#20suprsoliderPosted 5/13/2014 5:04:59 PM
People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3, so in that respect people have less of a need to upgrade in the short term due to regular updates for the Xbox 360.

Funny how PS3 OUTSOLD THE XBOX 360.

It's just more damage control by Microsoft and the fanboys flock to it to defend their Xbox.

Face facts. Xbox has nor ever will beat a Playstation console. That is a fact you fanboys have to accept.

Just enjoy what you get and don't worry about achieving something that is impossible to achieve.
---
"If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch"
PSN ID: CF-105