Selling an Xbox One with Digital Games

#1Top_BlokePosted 5/13/2014 5:07:49 PM
Hi there,

How do you go about selling an Xbox One with digital games downloaded on the console.

Is there are a way for the new buyer to be able to access these games with their own gamertag or do I need to give them mine?

I'm looking to sell my console, but having 5-6 games downloaded I want to get the value for those games as well.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be great.

Thanks for the help.
#2Laylow12Posted 5/13/2014 5:09:23 PM
It's impossible.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#3DeadLock25Posted 5/13/2014 5:13:14 PM
Your games are tied to your GT and any console that you designate as your home console.

So if you sell your console that you have declared as your "Home Console" any person signing in will be able to play all of the games you have purchased as well as any future games you purchase as long as that console stays your home console.

However, at any time, you can sign in with your GT on another X1 and designate that one as the new home console, and any one playing on the old X1 will lose permission to play the games you have bought until you go back and make that console your home console again. So this means that selling an X1 with digital games is pointless as the buyer has no guarantee that you will keep the console you sold as your home console (or that it even is your home console to begin with), and not switch to another one after a while.

You can also give them your GT and if the console they are playing on is not your home console, they will have to have your GT signed in to play any games you purchased. But I wouldnt advice giving anyone your GT unless you never plan on using it again.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244
#4HeracylostPosted 5/13/2014 5:16:15 PM
And that, kids. Is why I don't buy anything digital over 15$ I really hate totally loosing my money.
#5Top_Bloke(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 5:20:22 PM
Thanks DeadLock, I'm looking to give this to someone who I sort of know.

I don't want to lose my GT, as have a lot of games still on 360 assigned to it as well.

I thought the games would just be attached to the console, what a shame - maybe MS will backflip on this as well...
#6Joe_ArpaioPosted 5/13/2014 5:20:44 PM
Heracylost posted...
And that, kids. Is why I don't buy anything digital over 15$ I really hate totally loosing my money.
#7Top_Bloke(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 5:20:47 PM
Heracylost posted...

losing*

(sorry, pet hate)
#8chedibang1994Posted 5/13/2014 5:25:41 PM
Top_Bloke posted...

I don't want to lose my GT, as have a lot of games still on 360 assigned to it as well.

I thought the games would just be attached to the console, what a shame - maybe MS will backflip on this as well...

Same goes for sony and ps3 if the account you brought the games with is not on the system it will not be able to play them so yeah they both did something smart with this
---
My blade will tear you limb from limb, my eyes aren't as cold as my glare, my heart is black as my metal, I am fulgore mark 3, prepare yourself for devastation
#9uniquebadgerPosted 5/13/2014 5:26:21 PM
Top_Bloke posted...

I don't think you are using the word backflip right.. Unless you fail the backflip and land on your head you are still moving in a 360 degree arc and ending back up where you started.
#10HeracylostPosted 5/13/2014 5:27:16 PM
Top_Bloke posted...
Heracylost posted...

losing*

(sorry, pet hate)

Smart phones, aren't so smart. Correct incorrectly.