Selling an Xbox One with Digital Games

#11DeadLock25Posted 5/13/2014 6:35:04 PM
Top_Bloke posted...
Thanks DeadLock, I'm looking to give this to someone who I sort of know.

I don't want to lose my GT, as have a lot of games still on 360 assigned to it as well.

I thought the games would just be attached to the console, what a shame - maybe MS will backflip on this as well...

You can still keep your GT, and still give the X1 to your friend while leaving it as your home console.

And they wont flip on it. The whole point of the home console thing was to make the process of a license transfer easier. On the 360 your games are tied to your console and your GTand you can never remove the license from the console on the 360 unless you do a license transfer, which required signing in with a GT and transfering every license from the settings for that GT to the console.

Now its the same thing, its just quicker. Instead of doing a whole license transfer, you just set the console as your home console, and everything transfer over easily as well as all your future purchases. Its just a more streamlined and quicker version of what the 360. With the 360 the buyer also didnt have a guarantee that you wouldnt do a license transfer on another console, so there isnt really much change from the 360 to X1.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244
#12SamcroReaperPosted 5/13/2014 6:36:31 PM
Top_Bloke posted...

I don't want to lose my GT, as have a lot of games still on 360 assigned to it as well.

I thought the games would just be attached to the console, what a shame - maybe MS will backflip on this as well...

MS will never go back on that. That would be idiotic. Currently the only company stupid enough to tie purchases to hardware instead of to the user is Nintendo. No other major company does it, nor will they ever do it.
#13Top_Bloke(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 6:40:40 PM
uniquebadger posted...
Top_Bloke posted...

I don't think you are using the word backflip right.. Unless you fail the backflip and land on your head you are still moving in a 360 degree arc and ending back up where you started.

It's fairly common in political parlance to use the word 'backflip' to describe changing of one's policy or stance, the same can apply to business.

Maybe it's more of an Australian thing.
#14Top_Bloke(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 6:41:43 PM
Thanks again Deadlock, will talk to the buyer about how it'll all work.

Appreciate the great replies.
#15GamerRafPosted 5/13/2014 6:48:38 PM
If I was the buyer I wouldn't buy this for anything over $400 since the Titanfall bundle and 1 year of live was around $450.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
Parappa VA scammer diss song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtDU20PNNHY
#16Top_Bloke(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 7:05:23 PM
GamerRaf posted...
If I was the buyer I wouldn't buy this for anything over $400 since the Titanfall bundle and 1 year of live was around $450.

Well I have over a year of Live

Forza 5
PvZ: GW
Killer Instinct
Fifa 14
Peggle
Titanfall
2 x controllers (1 Day One)
#17kidwgmPosted 5/13/2014 7:07:54 PM
Heracylost posted...
And that, kids. Is why I don't buy anything digital over 15$ I really hate totally loosing my money.

Most people don't sell their consoles.
---
Currently Playing: Disney Magical World and Titanfall.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)