So should I update my controller (using USB) or does it not matter?

#1dctavernierPosted 5/13/2014 6:43:05 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to know if it makes a difference (other than allowing you to use an audio headset) if you update your controller using a USB cable.

I read somewhere that it improves the wireless connectivity of the controller.

However, I'm worried it might screw things up for me (like make me do worse at Titanfall) if I update my controller.

Does updating really make things better or worse? (This is for people who have already done it).
#2dctavernier(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 8:51:04 PM
So, does anyone know if it is beneficial to update your controller if you don't have an audio headset?
#3donate123Posted 5/13/2014 8:57:10 PM(edited)
dctavernier posted...
So, does anyone know if it is beneficial to update your controller if you don't have an audio headset?

Don't expect to get real answers here this place is overrun by sony fanboys i honestly don't know myself the best thing i can say is either try the message boards on xbox.com or try google but if i find something ill reply to this topic again to let you know
#4TrickyPonyPosted 5/13/2014 8:57:59 PM
If I had a cable I'd have done it already
#5Illogical_PoetPosted 5/13/2014 8:58:16 PM
Yeah do it. It's super easy and takes like 1 minute. Makes contoller a bit faster in response time. I noticed bc I play a lot of competative shooters. Tutorials are all over the web.
---
GT: "III RHIN0 III"
Life, is a state of mind.
#6Illogical_PoetPosted 5/13/2014 8:59:37 PM
And no it won't mess anything up or make anything worse, why would it? Most people wouldn't even notice playing most games.
---
GT: "III RHIN0 III"
Life, is a state of mind.
#7crynryanPosted 5/13/2014 9:00:47 PM
It honestly won't get any worse. The sensitivity update was included in the February update, and the controller update is just to make the headset adapter work better.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)