Today is truly embarrassing

#11quincy2000aPosted 5/13/2014 10:17:05 PM
badmanneil posted...
This is ridiculous and once again it is the early adopters- the dedicated fans like me that get screwed over.

You aren't the only one...

But, I have a feeling you better take cover--I'm guessing you're about to get hammered by the Microsoft apologists on this board. Just ignore 'em.
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png
And, yes, I visit Eurogamer's Digital Foundry for X1/PS4 comparisons.
#12josh924Posted 5/13/2014 10:17:07 PM
As others have said in other topics, it just means that MS will try harder to convince gamers that the Kinect 2.0 is worth buying.
---
Only an idiot would regularly post on a board that is dedicated to a console that they don't plan on owning.
#13Millertime660Posted 5/13/2014 10:19:22 PM
Welcome to the world of consumer electronics TC! Should have done your homework before getting "screwed over"
#14xTheCEOxPosted 5/13/2014 10:20:23 PM
Cry me a river. Sell it then if you're so upset. I bought one at launch and would rather have had the option to buy one without for $400 since I don't really use my kinect but that wasn't an option.
---
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent
#15badmanneil(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 10:21:03 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
The titanfall thing was a sale, sales happen. Get over it.

This isn't a price drop, if you learned how to read you'd know it's another option. They're not getting rid of the $500 version, they're adding a $400 version.

LOL
#16avanentPosted 5/13/2014 10:22:01 PM(edited)
Does M$ do any field testing or marketing testing at all???? Any idiot would tell you that having an overpriced, underpowered console was not going to beat sony. The UI that is built around Kinect is terrible.

I assume they have to... but thats certainly a reasonable question which the massive screw up the system has been. I'm assuming the issue is that testing doesn't do any good if the testers are only looking for the answers they want to see.

The titanfall thing was a sale, sales happen. Get over it.

This isn't a price drop, if you learned how to read you'd know it's another option. They're not getting rid of the $500 version, they're adding a $400 version.

Don't be delusional. You don't pull these tactics this early in a system's launch as regular marketing. Its not a sale, its an attempt at damage control.
#17badmanneil(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 10:21:55 PM
It always amazes me how the fanboys of this site will love M$ no matter what they do.. They could bring back DRM tomorrow and the people on here will find a way to justify it.
#18xTheCEOxPosted 5/13/2014 10:21:57 PM
And before I get called a "fanboy" which is beyond lame to begin with, I have a PS4 as well and love both systems so I don't care about the stupid "console wars".
---
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent
#19CaIiber345Posted 5/13/2014 10:23:12 PM
badmanneil posted...
Any idiot would tell you that having an overpriced, underpowered console was not going to beat sony. The UI that is built around Kinect is terrible. All I wanted was a more powerful Xbox 360 with a better controller. Instead i get a machine that changes faster than the seasons... This is ridiculous and once again it is the early adopters- the dedicated fans like me that get screwed over.

A kinectless Xbox One is a slap in the face to early adopters. Honestly M$ owes me $100.

They don't owe you anything. You bought into their BS. You got what you paid for. Microsoft isn't going to come to your house and repossess your Kinect. #dealwithit Amirite?
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: Destiny, No Man's Sky, Rogue Legacy, The Witness
#20quincy2000aPosted 5/13/2014 10:25:15 PM
xTheCEOx posted...
Cry me a river. Sell it then if you're so upset.

Psst! I'll sell you my Day One Edition (purchased on the real Day One) w/ never used Kinect for $499.
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png
And, yes, I visit Eurogamer's Digital Foundry for X1/PS4 comparisons.