Today is truly embarrassing

#61desert_santaPosted 5/13/2014 11:44:01 PM
While I honestly don't mind, I can understand why people like TC would be upset. A free indie game or a little credit would have been nice.
#62TheGam3925Posted 5/17/2014 8:42:12 PM
X1 owners have a right to be upset. And I can understand the frustration from people who bought the console but didn't want the Kinect. They believed MS would never unbundle the Kinect because MS said it was "Integral".
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#63s8dsm73rx432dgzPosted 5/17/2014 8:43:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTYtH28esTg&noredirect=1
---
Anarchy Burger (Hold the Government)
#64kyncaniPosted 5/17/2014 11:21:40 PM
Megamushroom666 posted...
badmanneil posted...
once again it is the early adopters- the dedicated fans like me that get screwed over.

#dealwithit

Screw the original Kinect Xbox One adopters.
#65Spetsnaz420Posted 5/17/2014 11:27:10 PM
If kinect fails it's because there wasn't consumer interest. Devs knew consumer interest just isn't there for the kinect. What's the point of developing a game for a peripheral many people have but few people use. The market should always decide
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#66gohoanqPosted 5/17/2014 11:27:58 PM
It's not a price drop. It's a different bundle.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#67MrSteezPosted 5/17/2014 11:43:28 PM
"Wahhhhhh I was an early adopter and now I wish I had waited"

This comes with being an early buyer. You take what is there. Obviously something was going yo change down the road... You wanted the console earlier you got it earlier.

I, for one, and happy with the Kinect experience
---
Posted with GameRaven 2.0.2
#68GameWarrior2k4Posted 5/17/2014 11:52:20 PM
Truthfully MS is in damage control mode now and thats obvious but I am glad we are getting a kinectless sku I had the Kinect for 360 and I thought it was cute but irrelevant to me and I am going to upgrade in Sep. with Destiny.

TC I got several friends who are early adopters as well and I get the frustration but all that can be said is the samething I told them Nobody made you go to Gamestop or wherever you bought it and put a gun to your head and made you buy it you decided you wanted it and bought it.

I knew MS would either drop the price or the Kinect and thats why I held off upgrading and now I get a better price and no Kinect sign me up.
#69chubbychaserPosted 5/18/2014 12:00:00 AM
badmanneil posted...
Just got home from work and i see this article on MSN about the Xbox One price drop.. The Xbox team should be embarrassed. I am so tired of having to deal with their ******. Last summer was a disaster,then their was the price drops bundle with titanfall last month and now this... You all realize that they have officially abandoned kinect right.. Developers won't make anything for it anymore and at most you will see some gimmicky kinect games... would of been the same with or without kinect to be honest.

Does M$ do any field testing or marketing testing at all???? Any idiot would tell you that having an overpriced, underpowered console was not going to beat sony. The UI that is built around Kinect is terrible. All I wanted was a more powerful Xbox 360 with a better controller. Instead i get a machine that changes faster than the seasons... This is ridiculous and once again it is the early adopters- the dedicated fans like me that get screwed over.

A kinectless Xbox One is a slap in the face to early adopters. Honestly M$ owes me $100. I should literally be allowed to take my kinect to the M$ store and get a $100 gift card--- that will never happen though because M$ doesn't care about people. Just money.

End Rant... So pissed off about this whole thing.

I feel for you man. But most xbone early adopter dont mind being screwed. that is why they just get only 'thank you' when they were cheated by early bundle and cheaper xbone so early in the game.

Now they talking about releasing resource for for kinect in xbone to gain some bump in power for the inferior hardware. But this mean kinect will rendered useless to million early adopter who buy it. Great job microsoft.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#70SoulTrapperPosted 5/18/2014 12:13:04 AM(edited)
I think this is a little different than it was with the price drop.

As an early adopter, you know the price is going to go down and you know others will have to pay less for the same eventually.

The removal of kinect, however, is quite a bit different.

They repeatedly said the kinect wouldn't go away and that the kinect was the xbox one.
So people bought it thinking the kinect would also be a mandatory buy for others.
Potentially, they even bought it because they thought that, when others would be forced to buy it, devs would actually make more games for it, so it would be worth it eventually.

All of this went overboard.
Although this is a good thing for the xbox one, I do understand why some people are upset and I think they have every right to be.
Microsoft promised the kinect would be an integral part of the console for it's entire lifespan, they clearly did not deliver on that promise.