I didn't know so many of you had degrees in business analyst.

#11HeracylostPosted 5/13/2014 10:22:30 PM
TinyTankX posted...
Heracylost posted...
That's the great thing of not owning a billion dollar company. On the ground floor we get to see, just how out of touch the people behind them are. Microsoft well, it's obvious they have no idea what their doing anymore. Windows8, Xbone reveal. At least they're trying to save it. But the more people complain and moan, it sets them on a more steady path.

Yeah, I mean there are things that I do not agree with what they are doing and I'll voice my opinion on that matter. And as you said, that helps the company set their path to appeal to the consumer. But what I'm trying to address in this topic is some of that trash these posters push out is so uneducated. I mean is it really that valuable to one's time to keep trying to troll these boards?

Entertainment purposes I'm sure. I come for news.
#12Maverick_ReznorPosted 5/13/2014 10:23:02 PM
dnmt posted...
Maverick_Reznor posted...
I took a few classes.
honestly though, an uneducated moron knows that Microsoft isn't going anywhere.

MS is one thing, the Xbox brand is another.

Microsoft has a habit of throwing money at things. Sony does the same with the playstation brand. Both don't make any money on gaming.
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, Dark Souls 2, Bound by Flame
Looking Forward To: Destiny,Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Evolve The Order 1886
#13AceviperPosted 5/13/2014 10:23:47 PM
dnmt posted...
I took a few classes.

Microsoft has a habit of throwing money at things. Sony does the same with the playstation brand. Both don't make any money on gaming.

playstation is actually one of the few profitable divisions Sony has these days
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#14TinyTankX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 10:24:43 PM
Frost_Mirror posted...
TinyTankX posted...
GameFAQs is a cesspool

Wait, you mean you didn't know this beforehand?

Heh. I have a bit of faith in humanity still left.
#15HeracylostPosted 5/13/2014 10:25:41 PM
dnmt posted...
I took a few classes.

That is true, but there's profit in it or they wouldn't do it. May not be billions but a tidy one for sure.
#16dnmtPosted 5/13/2014 10:26:32 PM
dnmt posted...
I took a few classes.

PS has made a lot of money for Sony, actually. More than their music division for example and that's still going..
#17CaIiber345Posted 5/13/2014 10:28:25 PM
"I didn't know so many of you had degrees in business analyst."
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: Destiny, No Man's Sky, Rogue Legacy, The Witness
#18Tajaz2426Posted 5/13/2014 10:44:11 PM
TinyTankX posted...
Seriously, we have so many "experts" here who must've majored in this in college because to be able to predict what a multimillion dollar company's future will lead to means you definitely have the experience in that field huh? After all, who better else to advise what a company should do than those here in GameFAQs?

With all sarcasm aside, instead of discussing regular things about the Xbox One and its games and features, this forum section is a cesspool of people just rabbling on and on and on about things that will never come to fruition within the company's well being. The fact that people here believe that a company as good as Microsoft would suddenly fail from something like this is amusing.

I don't think you know the Surface and Surface 2 well, do you? Double revenue and still lost 50 mil. Kidding aside I know what your getting at bud.
I've stick up for this board many of time even though I own a 4( I enjoy this board and have great conversations with many folks around here.) Trolling on this board is bad, but let me tell what's worse than someone who trolls with some facts( that is what the PS4 guys do, la la our system is stronger BS), the worse or let's say it's just as bad, are XBox fanboys and their blatant lying. Go into most topics and you see things like XBox is ahead in sales in NA, Europe is the only reason we are losing. It's like being a politician, you don't need to tell the truth, because by the time it's revealed a percentage of folks will believe it anyhow.

Also, actually believing Microsoft changed the SKU for the people and not the money, how the hell does one actually think Microsoft, Sony, or Nin really care about the people? These types of posts and topics draw trolls from everywhere.

I firmly believe it is good business practice what Microsoft did. They said themselves they over saturated the market and needed to slow or halt production. They are getting beat in every country they are in and they need the US, just to make it a fight. I don't like them doing a 180 on their supposed vision of the future, the "Kinect". They need to come out as a company and say it was a bust, because now developers are going to choose not to waste their time implementing things for it.

Anyway, you are making it sound like basic business economics models are something you need to be a scientist in. It is easy to see when a company withouts numbers saying sold in and not sold through. In q3 Microsoft sold 500k less than the 360 did in the same period after it's launch. Now it is a wait and see if people will get behind the company as they a but killed off what they call the lifeblood of their console, the "kinect".

http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx_mobile.html

Quick question: can the One get voice commands from any mic, gents?

Also sorry for any misspellings and grammar, it's late.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#19RaRitsujunPosted 5/13/2014 11:14:14 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
"I didn't know so many of you had degrees in business analyst."

---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 49 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#20KOTRwhoopsPosted 5/13/2014 11:48:32 PM
Lol, my job title is Business Analyst. But I couldn't give a rats ass about the fate of MS or Sony, I game to get away from my work.
---
PLAYING - Dark Souls II (PC), Child Of Light (PS4), Final Fantasy XIV (PC)
PSN / XBL / NN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555