The meltdown in Reddit X1 board is EPIC

#1BPSatsukiPosted 5/13/2014 11:45:26 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/25gb4g/kinectless_sku_on_xbox_wire/?sort=new

some samples

You are a bunch of hypocritical lying bastards Microsoft.
You flat out and categorically said that you would never EVER sell the xbox without the kinect.
**** you Microsoft. I have wasted 100 on a peripheral I didn't EVER want and I barely use because I believed it was part of what the console was about. You categorically said this was the case.
Lo and behold. Sales are ****. And you go back on your word. AGAIN!
Seriously. **** you Microsoft. Can't turn the DRM off? Oh. Nobody wants it? Then it turned off just like that.
You have betrayed your most loyal customers. You know? Customers. You take our money and now it's a huge middle finger to every single person who brought the system. Including myself.
I have defended the system to the high hills. Kinect also. It's not a bad thing. But I wouldn't have chosen to get it.
I thought it was all about making sure every person has the kinect so developers use it. Now, they won't use it. It's a huge chunk of useless plastic in the end now.
I know you guys read this sub. So again. **** you.
I'm prepared to see what happens before I jump too far to conclusions. Maybe developers find a good use for it.
But I don't see it..

Bull**** no one forced them to change their vision. They should have stuck with it. Personally when Mattrick told all the screaming anti-fanboys to stfu and deal with it, I thought he was the man with the balls for the job.
Phil seems to me now to be the guy that appeases the people who CLAIM they would have bought one if MS just kissed their ass. He's in for a rude awakening when these same people will turn out to be insanely brainwashed fanboys that will never buy anything other than a Sony product.
If anything he's helped people that were on the fence like myself, waiting to see software that actually supports the hardware they designed, make their decision easier.
I WAS going to buy an X1 this year, hoping for some serious software to support all that the X1 is come E3. Now they have made it pretty clear to me, that day will never come.
Big disappointment not just for Xbox, but gaming in general. Hopefully another company with balls like Amazon or Steam can actually introduce and stand by some innovative tech like MS of old used to be when they believed in a hard drive, voice chat and online gaming and made that a big reality that shaped console gaming as we know it today.
They're certainly not that company anymore.

This leaves a sour, bitter taste since I paid $499 for the original SKU. Which forcefully included a Kinect and no games! Whether or not its good for Microsoft is one thing, but for the early adopter, it's a matter of trust. This type of redaction of promises sends the following messages:
Don't trust what Microsoft says
They don't know what they're doing, and need to hear the community to pivot their strategy. Heck, imagine a company that wanted to deliver what gamers wanted in the first place? How much effort and energy did the community exert just for MS to fess up and pivot?
The longer you wait and ignore their marketing efforts, the better deals you'll have.
They don't reward loyalty in anyway. New customers get the better deals, early adopters get shafted
And what do I have to look forward to now? A Kinect without any upcoming games, an overpriced Xbox One collecting dust only a few months after purchase.
#2lunaticcorePosted 5/13/2014 11:47:21 PM
You should see the Clippers fans on Reddit right now.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#3BPSatsuki(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 11:49:06 PM
lunaticcore posted...

2 days ago it was the Thunder fans melting down lol
#4TheGam3925Posted 5/13/2014 11:51:18 PM
Those reddit posters aren't true fanboys. True fanboys would defend their beloved company no matter what.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#5JusSumGuy88Posted 5/13/2014 11:54:30 PM
hilarious. I bought the xbox one...at launch..with the kinect..but i dont' feel betrayed. I understand that when you are an early adopter of any device or service, things are subject to...and usuaully will change.
---
Gamertag - Da Milli Man
PSN - DaMilliMan
#6CaIiber345Posted 5/13/2014 11:56:26 PM
It's funny how so many people make comments like, "You said-" and "You told us-" and "You promised-" after saying they didn't even want the Kinect. But everyone else was a troll and a fanboy because they voiced their opinion and avoided this thing like the plague.

What goes around comes around.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: Destiny, No Man's Sky, Rogue Legacy, The Witness
#7AnakeriePosted 5/13/2014 11:57:15 PM
I want to see this entire thing made into a telenova. Beautiful people yelling in Spanish and throwing things at each other. Of course it would probably turn out that Kinect and the Wii U are actually half siblings and cannot be together in spite of their love. Kinect: "Ay Dios mios! Wii U es mi HERMANO! NOOOOOO!!! Y estoy embarazada!!!"
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#8VoidBeyondPosted 5/13/2014 11:57:15 PM
JusSumGuy88 posted...
hilarious. I bought the xbox one...at launch..with the kinect..but i dont' feel betrayed. I understand that when you are an early adopter of any device or service, things are subject to...and usuaully will change.

Your logic has no place on the Internet, especially on GameFAQs! Begone! (I agree with you, people shouldn't be upset about this)
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
FC: 2981-6641-9175// NNID: RaptorCats//
#9RaRitsujunPosted 5/14/2014 12:02:51 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Those reddit posters aren't true fanboys. True fanboys would defend their beloved company no matter what.

---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 49 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#10Tyronelio1Posted 5/14/2014 12:03:18 AM
lunaticcore posted...

Well they did get screwed so they have a right t be upset.

However early adopters did not and the ones complaining should stfu.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: Bayonetta, DBZ: Raging Blast 2, WWE/NBA 2K13, Alan Wake, GTAIV: Complete Edition, TC: HAWX 2, Dark Souls 2.