Nice job, Microsoft ^^

#11CaIiber345Posted 5/15/2014 4:41:29 PM
A niche gimmick peripheral for voice commands and Skype does not a better video game console make.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: Destiny, No Man's Sky, Rogue Legacy, The Witness
#12cpcjlc3Posted 5/15/2014 4:46:40 PM(edited)
jmedno5891 posted...
It should come with an apology for trying to straight up lie to people claiming the xbox won't work without that garbage camera. Should have sold it like this from the beginning.

Although I could be wrong, I don't think anyone ever said the Xbox One wouldn't work without it. It was stated that it was an integral (which is defined as necessary to make complete) part of the Xbox One experience. If you remove the Kinect, you are in fact removing some of the intended experience.

Ms is responding to consumer driven feedback that the Kinect is not wanted by many people. How is this a bad thing?
#13VoidBeyondPosted 5/15/2014 4:47:41 PM
kyncani posted...
thegrimgunner posted...
jmedno5891 posted...
It should come with an apology for trying to straight up lie to people claiming the xbox won't work without that garbage camera. Should have sold it like this from the beginning.

it works with a loss of functionality. If you are yet to experience the kinect 2.0 your not truly experiencing your Xbox one.

It's the new Xbox One.
It is cheaper than the original, more powerful, comes with free games; in fact it is a new PS3.5 !
And it's being supported by Microsoft, while the original Xbox One with Kinect is being dropped.

That is not true what-so-ever.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
FC: 2981-6641-9175// NNID: RaptorCats//
#14quincy2000aPosted 5/15/2014 4:47:54 PM
rusty12000 posted...
thegrimgunner posted...
jmedno5891 posted...

it works with a loss of functionality. If you are yet to experience the kinect 2.0 your not truly experiencing your Xbox one.

Did anyone actually use the kinect? Most people I know just left it in the box.

Box? I didn't think of that. I just tossed across the room to a couch. Been there since November.
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png
And, yes, I visit Eurogamer's Digital Foundry for X1/PS4 comparisons.
#15mike468Posted 5/15/2014 4:49:37 PM
rusty12000 posted...
thegrimgunner posted...
jmedno5891 posted...

Did anyone actually use the kinect? Most people I know just left it in the box.

Gamespot reported that 80% of XBO users actually use kinect regularly. Not sure where they got this info, but a kinect-less system makes less sense if this is true.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#16AkuryuPosted 5/15/2014 4:50:23 PM
Anytime somebody mentions how often they use Kinect, they always reference the voice commands. There is nothing special about the Kinect's ability to accept voice commands. You can do that with most any microphone. I can use voice commands on my phone, laptop and even in my car. Cable companies are even putting out cable boxes with voice commands included. It's not a new technology or innovative in the slightest.
#17EnclavePosted 5/15/2014 4:55:11 PM
mike468 posted...
Gamespot reported that 80% of XBO users actually use kinect regularly. Not sure where they got this info, but a kinect-less system makes less sense if this is true.

They got the number from Microsoft as they track your data from using Kinect. The question really though is how many of that 80% think it's worth $100, or how many of that 80% just have it hooked up but don't use its functions?
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.