Microsoft is offering Xbox Live Gold refunds

#1CrownedOne03Posted 5/14/2014 6:19:17 AM
http://cramgaming.com/microsoft-offering-xbox-live-gold-refunds-16978/

In case you only paid for Gold service to use Netflix and other apps with no intention of playing online.
#2BDJaycePosted 5/14/2014 6:21:32 AM
Which will turn out to be like 95% of users if it isn't monitored properly. Hopefully they fact check before they give refunds. Check how often the ones after refunds actually played online or used things like Netflix and don't just accept every claim.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#3b2trumpetPosted 5/14/2014 6:22:58 AM
I'm still having a hard time understanding why people paid $500 for a Netflix/Amazon/HBO media center when you can get the same thing with a $50 Roku that comes with a remote. If you purchased an Xbox One, it should no secret that you wanted to play games.
---
This is my sig. There are many like it but this one is mine.
#4MurryEB_Alt1Posted 5/14/2014 6:23:49 AM
BDJayce posted...
Which will turn out to be like 95% of users if it isn't monitored properly. Hopefully they fact check before they give refunds. Check how often the ones after refunds actually played online or used things like Netflix and don't just accept every claim.

Read the article first, it refunds you an amount that's based on how many months are left on your subscription if you cancel.
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#5method115Posted 5/14/2014 6:29:48 AM
b2trumpet posted...
I'm still having a hard time understanding why people paid $500 for a Netflix/Amazon/HBO media center when you can get the same thing with a $50 Roku that comes with a remote. If you purchased an Xbox One, it should no secret that you wanted to play games.

Well to be fair on my 360 I almost never had XBL. I had it once for SF4 and thats it after I was done with that (2 months) I went back to no XBL. I just enjoy single player games more than multiplayer. Things have changed a little this generation because I got into BF4 but even that I haven't played in months it's been Thief and now Bound by flame.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#6natrapslivePosted 5/14/2014 6:32:45 AM
I'm just wondering if they will lower the sub fee. I mean we are going to have less exclusive features so why should the same price remain?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: natraps
#7RaRitsujunPosted 5/14/2014 7:11:26 AM
Dat TVb0x.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 49 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#8darkshadowmasterPosted 5/14/2014 7:16:12 AM
b2trumpet posted...

Have to agree.

There are so many other options that they could have used to watch programs. Many from other devices they may have already owned. IE: Smart TV/DVD:BR player

However to pay $50 a year on top of the sub to whatever service you are using it for when you could have just paid a 1 time fee for another device (which is normally the same price or less than 1 year service) kinda throws me off.

Then again, I've been paying a WoW sub for about 2 years that I've logged into 2x since Pandaria was released so I do my own share of throwing away money.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#9AceviperPosted 5/14/2014 7:36:47 AM
wonder if they will give you refunds based on their normal pricing

since many people buy gold at severe discounts, it might actually let people make money getting the refunds if they are doing that
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone