what is the April 2014 NPD data state?

#1orestes1981Posted 5/14/2014 6:56:37 AM
Can that be one of the reasons why MS dropped the price?
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#2L96A1BOSSPosted 5/14/2014 6:59:43 AM
They got outsold by Sony last month even with Titanfail what do you think?
#3AceMagasePosted 5/14/2014 7:01:04 AM
if you believe vgchartz, x1 outsold ps4 every week in april. if vgchartz is in the ballpark it will be about even with both selling over 200k
#4dnmtPosted 5/14/2014 7:05:02 AM
Word on Neogaf is the Xbone did less than 100k this month which is absolutely appalling. We'll find out tomorrow, can't wait!
#5Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 5/14/2014 7:09:04 AM
It could be but it probably isn't. If you stick just to what they said it was because of wanting it to mainly be about games at E3. Other than that nobody really knows why they are offering another option other than they want more people to buy it. That isn't a shocker though. They did also announce other things.

If they were worried about NPD they'd be stupid to announce this like a month away from the date it can be bought. It could lead to a messed up May with people waiting. Once the TF bundle was announced in February people assumed the worst and were shouting OMG it will be below 100k for February. That bundle is pre NPD damage control. It was far from below 100k.
#6method115Posted 5/14/2014 7:13:03 AM
AceMagase posted...
if you believe vgchartz, x1 outsold ps4 every week in april. if vgchartz is in the ballpark it will be about even with both selling over 200k

Yea VGchartz had the X1 ahead of the PS4 for march as well and NPD proved them wrong. Word on Vgchartz is that they are consistently over tracking the X1 and under tracking the PS4 and having to readjust their numbers for the past three months or so.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#7-FryShakeWad-Posted 5/14/2014 7:14:00 AM
Who the hell cares?
---
The spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)
XBL: FryShakeWad PSN: fryshakewad
#8dnmtPosted 5/14/2014 7:17:02 AM(edited)
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
It could be but it probably isn't. If you stick just to what they said it was because of wanting it to mainly be about games at E3. Other than that nobody really knows why they are offering another option other than they want more people to buy it. That isn't a shocker though. They did also announce other things.

If they were worried about NPD they'd be stupid to announce this like a month away from the date it can be bought. It could lead to a messed up May with people waiting. Once the TF bundle was announced in February people assumed the worst and were shouting OMG it will be below 100k for February. That bundle is pre NPD damage control. It was far from below 100k.

Mark my words: it will be less than 100k tomorrow.
#9Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 5/14/2014 7:18:41 AM
I seriously doubt it but if it is good for you.
#10MrImpatient35Posted 5/14/2014 7:19:43 AM
I know this has no place on a gaming board, but Joe Budden talked about how 50 Cent made fans start looking at the numbers (sales). I'm noticing the same thing lately, on this board.
---
FML