Forbes: "Consumers are stiflying innovation"

#131UtterMoonPosted 5/14/2014 10:12:33 AM
But...games are better in 1080p...especially when 1080p is the only difference between the Xbone and PS4 version....personally...I think 1080p should be the freakin standard for this gen., and that shouldn't even be up for debate. Of course this doesn't include exclusives, because exclusive titles vary in just about every way shape and form from each other, but for multi-platform games? It absolutely makes a difference...
#132billsfanno1Posted 5/14/2014 10:14:26 AM
MacrossSpecial posted...
Imo the market has spoken and it said "no thanks" to motion controls, but that is probably in part due to the 360 kinect having absolutely no games worth playing for more than five minutes.

I believe they learned their lesson about trying to shove their first attempt at innovation down the world's throat. Time to come up with something else, that is their job after all.

Dance Central
Child of Eden
Kinect Adventures
Kinect Sports Season 1
King Fu High Impact
Gunstringer
Kinect Disneyland Adventures
Sesame Street
Kinect Party
Fruit Ninja

All great experiences on Kinect for X360. At least half of them games that MS owns the rights to. If MS would've had a number of these games ported for X1 launch, things would be much different today.
#133KainFourtehPosted 5/14/2014 10:14:50 AM
Lol at the idea that people would have cared about the true purpose of the blue bar on the ps4 controllers. The kinect backlash was due to consumers being FORCED to have it whether they wanted to or not and pay more while they're at it. The VR thing is an optional thing, not being forced to buy it with the console and having to pay extra for something you don't want.

Consumers aren't stopping "innovation", trying to force feed "innovation" on them is what stops it. You don't sell stuff by forcing it on people. I use the term innovation loosely because what Xbox one had wasn't an innovation of any kind.
#134billsfanno1Posted 5/14/2014 10:17:55 AM
UtterMoon posted...
But...games are better in 1080p...especially when 1080p is the only difference between the Xbone and PS4 version....personally...I think 1080p should be the freakin standard for this gen., and that shouldn't even be up for debate. Of course this doesn't include exclusives, because exclusive titles vary in just about every way shape and form from each other, but for multi-platform games? It absolutely makes a difference...

1080p does nothing to make a game more fun for me. I'll take PvZ:GW in 900p on X1 over anything X1 or PS4 has to offer in 1080p.
#135AngelClawzPosted 5/14/2014 10:18:22 AM
roboto_piloto posted...
Well, it was MS's job to sell the kinect.
Gamers weren't the ones responsible for releasing kinect with
zero good games to go with it.

Bingo
#136Kazuya_80Posted 5/14/2014 10:19:55 AM
Some people's opinons are valid but should trolls on here really have an opinion when their whole opinion is bassed on who's company name is on the console ?
#137MacrossSpecialPosted 5/14/2014 10:20:52 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
MacrossSpecial posted...
Imo the market has spoken and it said "no thanks" to motion controls, but that is probably in part due to the 360 kinect having absolutely no games worth playing for more than five minutes.

I believe they learned their lesson about trying to shove their first attempt at innovation down the world's throat. Time to come up with something else, that is their job after all.

Dance Central
Child of Eden
Kinect Adventures
Kinect Sports Season 1
King Fu High Impact
Gunstringer
Kinect Disneyland Adventures
Sesame Street
Kinect Party
Fruit Ninja

All great experiences on Kinect for X360. At least half of them games that MS owns the rights to. If MS would've had a number of these games ported for X1 launch, things would be much different today.

And apparently the majority of the world disagrees with you. A quick google search on any of those games instantly gives you the information needed to discern the obvious truth that every one of those games would be considered a financial failure and not worth pursuing further.

Not sure why you would even say this considering the truth which is obvious to everyone, even to Microsoft who has in the past tried to push numerous failures onto an industry that it practically had a 3/4 share in.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#138scoobydoobydontPosted 5/14/2014 10:21:07 AM
The luddites keep speaking up to voice their ignorance, so depressing. I guess they just can't be reasoned with, but if they could they probably wouldn't be luddites.

"Oh no, I'm being FORCED to buy a Kinect! And now I'm being forced to troll on the internet!! I don't actually know what the word forced means!" -translation of every Kinect hating troll ITT who doesn't agree with the article
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
#139UtterMoonPosted 5/14/2014 10:22:23 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
UtterMoon posted...

1080p does nothing to make a game more fun for me. I'll take PvZ:GW in 900p on X1 over anything X1 or PS4 has to offer in 1080p.

Hmm...well if we were to look at this case by case...then yeah...I am sure that some people don't care about the game looking better, but you're kind of missing my point here....

Multiplatform games that are identical on each system...with the exception of higher resolution, are always going to be better on the system that has higher resolution...unless you're telling me that you prefer a lower resolution...which I would rebuttal by asking if you would rather have PVZ at 900p or 1080p on the Xbone...and its funny that you mention PVZ, because last I knew it was a timed exclusive for the Xbone and that it will likely be 1080p on the PS4 (could be wrong of course)...
#140Kazuya_80Posted 5/14/2014 10:23:02 AM
They all love Kinect now...but then again I knew trolls where talking **** from the start.