Forbes: "Consumers are stiflying innovation"

#141KOTRwhoopsPosted 5/14/2014 9:23:21 AM
Kinect is not good innovation. Good innovation is the creation of something that people want. It's really that basic.
---
PLAYING - Dark Souls II (PC), Child Of Light (PS4), Final Fantasy XIV (PC)
PSN / XBL / NN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555
#142ejay8320Posted 5/14/2014 9:24:12 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
MacrossSpecial posted...
Imo the market has spoken and it said "no thanks" to motion controls, but that is probably in part due to the 360 kinect having absolutely no games worth playing for more than five minutes.

I believe they learned their lesson about trying to shove their first attempt at innovation down the world's throat. Time to come up with something else, that is their job after all.

Dance Central
Child of Eden
Kinect Adventures
Kinect Sports Season 1
King Fu High Impact
Gunstringer
Kinect Disneyland Adventures
Sesame Street
Kinect Party
Fruit Ninja

All great experiences on Kinect for X360. At least half of them games that MS owns the rights to. If MS would've had a number of these games ported for X1 launch, things would be much different today.

...but none of those games really appeal to the core market of the system.

They maybe fun, but who are buying the systems right now? The "core" gamers and none of those game would be considered a Skyrim, COD, Battlefield, Final Fantasy, Etc... These are the types of games that need to use Kinects fully if MS wanted Kinects to really work.
#143Mr_Big_BossPosted 5/14/2014 9:24:37 AM
As long as we have multi platform titles available for PS4 and PC, Kinect will never be useful.
Majority of the games are multi platform because companies want more sales, so how is this the consumers fault?
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#144blitz_0623Posted 5/14/2014 9:27:05 AM
InterzoneMantra posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Why fix something that's not broken?

Not everything in the damn world needs to be changed. I like what MS did. I did not hate them for trying something new, but don't hate us consumers for wanting to stick with what already works.

You can't blame them for hating on consumers when they lose their jobs over it. Sticking to whatever works is just ignorance and you're supporting the awful companies if you just want the same things all the time. I bet Activision and EA love you as a consumer. You buy their rehashes yearly.

so it's okay to blame the consumers for not buying a product that they don't want?
I'm not a fan of cod, or those activision games,but i see nothing wrong with ppl buying something yearly that THEY enjoy. When they get tired of it, then they'll stop buying it.

What a great judge of character! I've never bought a single CoD or BF game.

And you're saying they can just blame us if we didn't buy their s**** product because we don't want it and they lost their jobs because of it? So basically I can create this "innovative" product and if it doesn't sell and I lost money over it I should blame people for not buying it? Great logic there.

If they had the right idea in mind people would embrace it. What MS tried to do was not. I will go on the record and say I didn't mind it, but clearly not everyone was on board.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#145R_HunterPosted 5/14/2014 9:28:49 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

Not everything in the damn world needs to be changed. I like what MS did. I did not hate them for trying something new, but don't hate us consumers for wanting to stick with what already works.

You can't blame them for hating on consumers when they lose their jobs over it. Sticking to whatever works is just ignorance and you're supporting the awful companies if you just want the same things all the time. I bet Activision and EA love you as a consumer. You buy their rehashes yearly.

so it's okay to blame the consumers for not buying a product that they don't want?
I'm not a fan of cod, or those activision games,but i see nothing wrong with ppl buying something yearly that THEY enjoy. When they get tired of it, then they'll stop buying it.

And you're saying they can just blame us if we didn't buy their s**** product because we don't want it and they lost their jobs because of it? So basically I can create this "innovative" product and if it doesn't sell and I lost money over it I should blame people for not buying it? Great logic there.

If they had the right idea in mind people would embrace it. What MS tried to do was not. I will go on the record and say I didn't mind it, but clearly not everyone was on board.

Uh, I think the last guy you quoted was agreeing with your point.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#146KyoReiseTaisenPosted 5/14/2014 9:29:39 AM
dnmt posted...
When in doubt, blame the consumer. That always works out.

This.

MAYBE companies need to realize that "new things" aren't always good?

Jesus. It's like they think they are immaculate.
#147billsfanno1Posted 5/14/2014 9:32:08 AM
ejay8320 posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
MacrossSpecial posted...
Imo the market has spoken and it said "no thanks" to motion controls, but that is probably in part due to the 360 kinect having absolutely no games worth playing for more than five minutes.

I believe they learned their lesson about trying to shove their first attempt at innovation down the world's throat. Time to come up with something else, that is their job after all.

Dance Central
Child of Eden
Kinect Adventures
Kinect Sports Season 1
King Fu High Impact
Gunstringer
Kinect Disneyland Adventures
Sesame Street
Kinect Party
Fruit Ninja

All great experiences on Kinect for X360. At least half of them games that MS owns the rights to. If MS would've had a number of these games ported for X1 launch, things would be much different today.

...but none of those games really appeal to the core market of the system.

They maybe fun, but who are buying the systems right now? The "core" gamers and none of those game would be considered a Skyrim, COD, Battlefield, Final Fantasy, Etc... These are the types of games that need to use Kinects fully if MS wanted Kinects to really work.

A lot of "core" gamers downloaded the Kinect Sports demo just to see what the Kinect was capable of. Most of what I hear when playing PvZ:GW online is kids making noise in the background. The point I'm making is that there was no content at launch for Kinect, the games in that list (other than Dance Central) would have been low hanging fruit for MS to at least have some decent content.
#148Ramsus082Posted 5/14/2014 9:32:36 AM
XboxOne fans don't know what consumers want better than they do, stop saying that people would have had more fun if only they knew what was good for them. That sounds stupid,
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#149thisranksPosted 5/14/2014 9:37:19 AM
All i had to see was the reaction by so-called FF fans with FFXIII to have proof of this. People define games then expect said games are the real cause.

I've been saying it for years now ... the age of the entitled gamers like those mentioned above along with the dawn of the age of regionalizing games has had a negative impact on gaming.

There are far less people playing games just for fun and enjoyment unless the games follow their personal specifications. Games cannot be created with a single individual in mind, therefore many games suffer for doing what they are meant to do ... appeal to the widest audience possible.

If i point the finger of blame on the industry side its the few developers/publishers/localizers who listen to the niche groups like the regionally challenged (there's a proper use of the word niche) creating games with them in mind instead of being open minded like they used to.

Innovation stops when people start expecting/demanding their games play a certain way.
---
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, Yui Kotogawa, Kaori Kanzaki, and Himari Noihara FTW
#150blitz_0623Posted 5/14/2014 9:37:26 AM
R_Hunter posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

Uh, I think the last guy you quoted was agreeing with your point.

I know, I was just too lazy to format the post or look for the original reply to quote
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add