Forbes: "Consumers are stiflying innovation"

#41nableetPosted 5/14/2014 8:19:14 AM
bob15x posted...
InterzoneMantra posted...
nableet posted...
bob15x posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Couldn't agree more. This is a negative for both the gaming industry and technology. Gamers are clueless.

I agree. Look at digital. People were freaking out over being all digital but after having an xbox one and ps4 its easy to see why digital is so much better. You really see that on the xbox one.

and when they add the opportunity to resell those games digital to me is the way to go.

If there wasn't an outcry we would already have the ability to resell digital games by now. Now we have to wait and hope its out before the next 3 years.

Having the option to go digital is fine. If MS had just removed the disc drive, then you would be in the type of position they originally wanted with the kinect. No choice. Must be plugged in (until they backed down).

Show me why kinect is great and I will get on board. Ram it down my throat and say "we know best, innovation!!!" is not going to cut it. Same with digital. Give me sales and let me get a taste, then I will get on board.

More carrot, less stick.

best post in this topic imo

horrible post because MS was never removing the disk drive. They were selling the disks to distribute the software so that people didnt have to worry about the internet downloads.

Also keeping Kinect plugged in had nothing to do with the drm.. Why the hell would you think kinect have anything to do with drm? that is just stupid

so how can it be the best post and its full of wrong information?

My post -----> your head

I never said they were removing the disk drive, I used removing the disk drive as an analogy to the original plan with kinect...

I never said kinect being plugged in had anything to do with DRM. I was using a disk driverless xbone as an example of what they tried to do with kinect. They tried to force it. If they had no disc drive they would be forcing digital.

Any clearer?
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#42Shadow4801Posted 5/14/2014 8:20:19 AM
The n64 having an analog stick was inovation, rumble paks where inovation. A camera Tha has show all it is good for is voice commands to execute things not given a button option, and dancing games isn't inovation.

Blaming your customer for not liking your product does nothing but display how out of touch Microsoft is with most consumers, then again last year's e3 showed that pretty well. It's not the customers fault you made an unwanted product.
#43billOrileyPosted 5/14/2014 8:23:08 AM
bob15x posted...
InterzoneMantra posted...
nableet posted...
bob15x posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Couldn't agree more. This is a negative for both the gaming industry and technology. Gamers are clueless.

I agree. Look at digital. People were freaking out over being all digital but after having an xbox one and ps4 its easy to see why digital is so much better. You really see that on the xbox one.

and when they add the opportunity to resell those games digital to me is the way to go.

If there wasn't an outcry we would already have the ability to resell digital games by now. Now we have to wait and hope its out before the next 3 years.

Having the option to go digital is fine. If MS had just removed the disc drive, then you would be in the type of position they originally wanted with the kinect. No choice. Must be plugged in (until they backed down).

Show me why kinect is great and I will get on board. Ram it down my throat and say "we know best, innovation!!!" is not going to cut it. Same with digital. Give me sales and let me get a taste, then I will get on board.

More carrot, less stick.

best post in this topic imo

horrible post because MS was never removing the disk drive. They were selling the disks to distribute the software so that people didnt have to worry about the internet downloads.

Also keeping Kinect plugged in had nothing to do with the drm.. Why the hell would you think kinect have anything to do with drm? that is just stupid

so how can it be the best post and its full of wrong information?

Do you even understand what he's trying to say? He never said ms was removing the disk drive. All he was saying is that he's on board for innovation, like kinnect, digital downloads etc, just give us options and not to shove one option down our throats and take away the rest.
for ex
They're trying to push digital downloads, but we still have the option to buy physical. If digital is really good, then people will use it more.
Same with kinnect. If kinnect is worth it, then people will buy it, just don't force us to buy it with a console when we just want the console itself.
We are in for innovation, but don't force it on use and take away other options.
---
**** it, we'll do it live!
#44HelmesSeiferPosted 5/14/2014 8:24:37 AM
Dude I don't want to dance in front of my TV and talk to my video game console. I just don't want to.
---
Xbox live: CaptainMiles PSN: AdmiralMiles
FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/7052336/
#45scoobydoobydontPosted 5/14/2014 8:27:14 AM
A Forbes contributor I actually agree with?? The end is near...
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
#46Impaired MedicPosted 5/14/2014 8:28:06 AM
SixStringHero posted...
To this day you cannot turn off the Lightbar on the PS4 controller?

So? Unless you like staring at the back of your controller there's literally no reason to complain about it.
---
". . ." ~That guy from GTA3
#47R_HunterPosted 5/14/2014 8:28:49 AM
...So the blame gets pushed on the consumer again?

...Do they not remember how well that went over last year?
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#48scoobydoobydontPosted 5/14/2014 8:31:31 AM
R_Hunter posted...
...So the blame gets pushed on the consumer again?

...Do they not remember how well that went over last year?

Consumers are like pigs at a trough. There's nothing noble or sacred about us.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
#49billsfanno1Posted 5/14/2014 8:32:01 AM
Viet0ne posted...
Microsoft themselves are the cause of the lack of innovation.

1. They force the Kinect in every Xbox One
2. They have no games at launch that show case the Kinect
3. They have no games even now that really showcase the new Kinect
(Kinect Sports Rivals is marginally better than 360 Kinect games)
4. There are no games that have been announced that use Kinect in any different way

If Microsoft wanted people to see the value in Kinect, they would have mandated that every Xbox One game have Kinect functionality at release like they do with achievements. This would have at least driven developers to come up with either tacked on Kinect features or possibly new and innovative features.

Consumers have been waiting since the Kinect was released in 2010 for the supposed innovation from the Kinect.

Agreed. I find Kinect to be a really cool feature, but MS hasn't done enough with it to justify a mandate and third parties don't seem interested. To the X1 owners/fans who I almost always side with but are upset by this decision -- the most convincing argument I can think of in favor of unbundling Kinect is that Ryse and Crimson Dragon both launched on X1 without motion controls. These games were originally supposed to showcase Kinect on X360, yet they were reworked to be played with controllers on X1. MS didn't stand by Kinect for games that were supposedly built from the ground up for it. Six months since launch and only one new Kinect game has been released. D4 and Fantasia are the only confirmed games I know of on the horizon. You just can't justify forcing consumers to buy it when it is getting such shoddy support. The cost/sophistication of Kinect's camera system is overkill for those who just want to use voice controls.

Instead of pointing the finger at consumers, the finger should be pointed squarely at MS. They dropped the ball. They have been lazy with supporting Kinect and now it is catching up to them.

I'm still hopeful that there are great things coming for Kinect. There were some really fun experiences on X360 -- Dance Central, Kinect Adventures, the Kung Fu game. I'll never understand why they didn't attempt to port some of the best games for X1's launch.
#50billsfanno1Posted 5/14/2014 8:33:29 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
A Forbes contributor I actually agree with?? The end is near...

How about a number of X1 and PS4 fans actually agreeing on something, that's even scarier...