Didn't Xbox already give away 8% of the 10% power allocated to kinect?

#1AkumaOutsiderPosted 5/14/2014 9:01:31 AM
Are we forgetting that?
They want to up the power, but have 2% to "discuss with developers" about using?
SMH.....
---
www.twitch.tv/feelmeclover
#2HypnoCooshPosted 5/14/2014 10:42:34 AM
MS lies so much people don't even pay attention anymore
---
Aristotle's axiom: The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
#3Apex-PlayerPosted 5/14/2014 10:45:49 AM
I see a few topics about it so.
Kinectless juice + Cloud + dx12 = xboxOP
Guess the OP?
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#4squarex8264Posted 5/14/2014 10:51:07 AM
AkumaOutsider posted...
Are we forgetting that?
They want to up the power, but have 2% to "discuss with developers" about using?
SMH.....

It's been stated that the reservation with Kinect and the system is 10%, not 2%.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#5IzraeilPosted 5/14/2014 10:59:06 AM
Wouldn't freeing up that power mean rendering everyone's kinect useless, or at least lose a lot of functionality?
#6TheMuffinPosted 5/14/2014 11:01:25 AM
Izraeil posted...
Wouldn't freeing up that power mean rendering everyone's kinect useless, or at least lose a lot of functionality?

Potentially. If a game required that additional power, the game might force the Kinect to shutoff if it recognizes it's enabled and plugged in.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#7PorungaPosted 5/14/2014 11:11:26 AM
squarex8264 posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
Are we forgetting that?
SMH.....

It's been stated that the reservation with Kinect and the system is 10%, not 2%.

Originally, yes.. it had 10% reserved for the Kinect. Then, a few months ago they released 8% of the original 10%, leaving only 2% remaining for kinect voice commands. They are now talking about releasing the last 2%.

Links to the original 8% release:

http://hothardware.com/News/Microsoft-Reportedly-Relaxing-Kinect-Requirements-Returning-GPU-Power-To-Primary-Console/

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/175463-microsoft-to-boost-xbox-one-gpu-performance-by-making-kinect-optional

http://www.geek.com/games/xbox-one-patch-expected-to-improve-gpu-performance-at-expense-of-kinect-1583185/
#8SamcroReaperPosted 5/14/2014 11:15:11 AM
AkumaOutsider posted...
Are we forgetting that?
SMH.....

And I'm SMH at the idiocy of this thread. To answer your question - no, they have no yet given back the 8 percent to developers. They mentioned they were looking into it, but still haven't done it. Respawn has talked about releasing a performance patch when it does finally happen.
#9SamcroReaperPosted 5/14/2014 11:15:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10rell84Posted 5/14/2014 11:22:06 AM
lol