Any other Kinect fans out there feel like their investment has diminished?

#1speedfisterPosted 5/14/2014 10:02:45 AM
I'm a big fan of the Kinect, I really feel like it makes the system unique and have really enjoyed the features it's brought to my living room. The Kinect really has a lot of potential. I was also really excited that Microsoft was including one with every Xbox One since that would encourage developers (and Microsoft) to innovate on the kinect platform.

I'm concerned that having Xbox One owners that don't have Kinect really diminishes my investment. Does anybody else feel this way?
---
Xbox Live: "Speed Fister"
#2TBONE_OGPosted 5/14/2014 10:05:18 AM
No. Not at all. Kinect will still be supported -- greatly.
---
Always O.G.
#3Ironman06Posted 5/14/2014 10:10:13 AM
TBONE_OG posted...

I hope you're right. I also really like the Kinect integration. I also hope the Microsoft gives developers incentives to innovate.
---
"The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer." - Cunningham's Law
#4Tajaz2426Posted 5/14/2014 10:10:24 AM
Support will diminish, if the "kinect" was the future and integral to the system as they said, it would be a part of the system. However, Microsoft didn't have a choice and did the right thing.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#5chrisromans123Posted 5/14/2014 10:18:04 AM
TBONE_OG posted...

It's hardly being supported now. Once they let people get the x1 without it devs don't have a lot of incentive to waste time on it.
---
FC: 4081-6578-7259
#6TBONE_OGPosted 5/14/2014 10:27:38 AM(edited)
Ironman06 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...

I hope you're right. I also really like the Kinect integration. I also hope the Microsoft gives developers incentives to innovate.

I am. Devs are going to make games for it. Not all devs, but devs that want to work with Kinect. MS needs to throw some money at a real game changer Kinect game (that all gamers want to play) for people to stop knocking it.

Tajaz2426 posted...
Support will diminish, if the "kinect" was the future and integral to the system as they said, it would be a part of the system. However, Microsoft didn't have a choice and did the right thing.

The only support I could see diminish is for games that don't really need Kinect features, would just be tack on. Mostly for devs who can't think of something great.

MS still fully supports Kinect. But when the PS4 is beating you in sales, is cheaper, and more powerful -- MS had to do something. So Kinectless bundle was born, and other features were announced.

I personally would have dropped the price to 399, and kept the Kinect bundled... but I'm not a business man. And there would probably be people who would still complain, say "I DON'T WANT IT!"
---
Always O.G.
#7Ironman06Posted 5/14/2014 10:22:12 AM
chrisromans123 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...

It's hardly being supported now. Once they let people get the x1 without it devs don't have a lot of incentive to waste time on it.

I don't think it was wasted time when the time they spent on it was used producing content that all Xbox One users would have access to. And I disagree many (though not all) games have played around with kinect features. Take battlefield for instance, the lean feature and head tracking features are really cool and add an extra layer of immersion into a game. I hope that developers still pursue this sort of innovation even though not all audiences will benefit.
---
"The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer." - Cunningham's Law
#8billsfanno1Posted 5/14/2014 10:22:40 AM
speedfister posted...
I'm a big fan of the Kinect, I really feel like it makes the system unique and have really enjoyed the features it's brought to my living room. The Kinect really has a lot of potential. I was also really excited that Microsoft was including one with every Xbox One since that would encourage developers (and Microsoft) to innovate on the kinect platform.
I'm concerned that having Xbox One owners that don't have Kinect really diminishes my investment. Does anybody else feel this way?

MS released a lot of Kinect titles for X360 when they needed good/diverse software for people to justify buying an add-on piece of hardware. On X1, MS has been guaranteed sales of Kinect and they have been lazy with developing/releasing Kinect games. As a huge Kinect fan, I can only think this will be much better since it will force MS to earn Kinect sales going forward.
#9regsantotomasPosted 5/14/2014 10:27:07 AM(edited)
I'll become more concerned if games and apps that support the Kinect in whole or in part stop coming out. I'm still looking forward to Fantasia and eventually a Dance Central sequel. I would also like to see Kinect be used in games to scan your likeness much like they did with Tiger Woods and Rainbow Six but using that awful Microsoft cam.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#10TBONE_OGPosted 5/14/2014 10:26:29 AM
chrisromans123 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...

It's being supported. This gen has just begun.

Here you go. Take a peak:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games
---
Always O.G.