Backwards compatibility???

#11MinamoPosted 5/14/2014 10:29:52 AM(edited)
I know this is beating a dead horse, but if the Xbone had backwards compatibility, it wouldn't have even been a question of whether or not I get one, it would be a question of when. I'd gladly trade in my 360 towards an Xbone if it meant it could play my 360 games and kept my saves.

I really think the odds would have been tipped extremely in favor of whoever managed proper backwards compatibility, and it's a shame both MS and Sony didn't even try. And no, Sony reselling you your games for a third time with PSNow is NOT proper backwards compatibility.
#12TBONE_OGPosted 5/14/2014 10:31:41 AM
I think the best move would be to use the HDMI pass thru. Plug your 360 into X1 and you're done. However, there's a bit of input lag. They'd have to somehow eliminate it -- completely.

Not sure if that's possible though...
---
Always O.G.
#13Joey-ZazaPosted 5/14/2014 10:31:42 AM
Minamo posted...
I know this is beating a dead horse, but if the Xbone had backwards compatibility, it wouldn't have even been a question of whether or not I get one, it would be a question of when. I'd gladly trade in my 360 towards an Xbone if it meant it could play my 360 games and kept my saves.

I really think the odds would have been tipped extremely in favor of whoever managed proper backwards compatibility, and it's a shame both MS and Sony didn't even try. And no, Sony reselling you your games for a third time with PSNow is NOT proper backwards compatibility.

This. 100%.

Whoever's the tool who said "Backwards Compatibility is Backwards" doesn't understand a thing about us as gamers. I would have loved a smooth transition to current gen. Making it backwards compatible gives it a true "upgraded" feel.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#14BaronVladzPosted 5/14/2014 10:33:27 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Minamo posted...

This. 100%.

Whoever's the tool who said "Backwards Compatibility is Backwards" doesn't understand a thing about us as gamers. I would have loved a smooth transition to current gen. Making it backwards compatible gives it a true "upgraded" feel.

Indeed, one of the best things about the Wii U is being able to go back through the Wii library to play gems that I missed or loved
#15BansDontWorkPosted 5/14/2014 10:34:16 AM(edited)
Microsoft said in the beginning there was going to be no BC.

So going on that logic, and everything they have already reversed on.....Yes.
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#16TBONE_OGPosted 5/14/2014 10:35:13 AM
BansDontWork posted...
Microsoft said in the beginning there was going to no BC.

So going on that logic, and everything they have already reversed on.....Yes.

Haha. You are correct for the most part. Maybe they will bring it. It would be a nice "1up" on Sony.
---
Always O.G.
#17AwayFromHerePosted 5/14/2014 10:35:47 AM
If it happens, I guarantee it'll be just like Playstation Now.

They'll never allow you to just put in your old discs and play them for free.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#18mindoftwomoronsPosted 5/14/2014 10:41:21 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Making it backwards compatible gives it a true "upgraded" feel.

It would also give it a much more expensive feel as well, and the same would have applied to the PS4 as well.

Their only options would be emulation, which would be like it is on the 360 (hint: terrible) or streaming ala OnLive.
---
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/monkeyofevil/magnaangemon.gif
#19iamdanthamanPosted 5/14/2014 10:41:43 AM
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/04/xbox-one-will-have-an-official-xbox-360-emulator-when-microsoft-finishes-thinking-it-through/

" AUDIENCE MEMBER: Are there plans for an Xbox 360 emulator on Xbox One?

SAVAGE: There are, but we’re not done thinking them through yet, unfortunately. It turns out to be hard to emulate the PowerPC stuff on the X86 stuff. So there’s nothing to announce, but I would love to see it myself. "
---
All your base are belong to us
#20Joey-ZazaPosted 5/14/2014 1:25:43 PM
mindoftwomorons posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
Making it backwards compatible gives it a true "upgraded" feel.

It would also give it a much more expensive feel as well, and the same would have applied to the PS4 as well.

Their only options would be emulation, which would be like it is on the 360 (hint: terrible) or streaming ala OnLive.

Yeah I guess I can see that. But I'm just Mr. Excuse. <_< I honestly don't know why I'm holding back. I have a problem with letting go of $400+. It's not the end of the world, I'm just a paranoid person who is constantly worried I'll lose my job even though I have no reason to feel that way.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I