So now GwG (X1) is PS+

#1ff7fan321v2Posted 5/14/2014 10:58:53 AM
I remember so many people is the PS4 Vs X1 arguement use the line that PS+ is a 'rental' of the free games you don't actually get to own them.

Now Games with Gold on the X1 is that way, needing an active membership to play them. How do you feel about this?

I'll bet like most things 99% of you guys are going to say "I don't care I need XBL gold anways to play games online."

Both communities have done this on many issues. PS+ gamers saying they don't care about paying for online. X1 gamers saying they don't care about 720p VS 1080p.

I'm honestly curious how you guys feel about the new GwG system of if it bothers you.
---
PSN - ff7fan321
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 5/14/2014 11:01:25 AM
I would still prefer to actually own the games. I've found with 360 games with gold that I'm much more inclined to get the DLC for a game if I got it for free. I'll probably be more hesitant to buy DLC knowing that I'll lose content that I paid for if my subscription lapses. That being said, they're not going to just give you 2 games a month this early in a console's lifecycle with no stipulations so I guess it's better than nothing.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3squarex8264Posted 5/14/2014 11:03:12 AM
Yeah, but you can't just apply what some people say to how other people feel.

Just because there were terrible fanboys in the past that tried to make the argument that 360 GwG were better than PS+ because you got to keep them forever doesn't mean everyone felt that way. There are merits to being able to download a game and have it stick around even after your Gold lapses or the servers go down, but it also causes the games to be older.

By having a system where you are required to keep your subscription, the games can be much newer, as evidenced by getting arcade titles that were released just a few months ago. And personally, it won't bother me because I will likely keep my subscription active anyways.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#4JiZamezPosted 5/14/2014 11:03:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5GeistPosted 5/14/2014 11:04:13 AM
If anything it seems to bother you Sony guys the most. After all you are posting about it the most.

So tell us, why are you so bothered by it?
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#6Ramsus082Posted 5/14/2014 11:04:33 AM
The model is, at least. I'd need to see some decent quality titles before I'd consider it on par. MS has offered some pretty dusty titles for free in the past, so we'll see how this goes.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#7Ramsus082Posted 5/14/2014 11:05:28 AM
But no, there's no problem with the subscription model. Who cancels their subscription anyway while they still own the console?
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#8-FryShakeWad-Posted 5/14/2014 11:06:01 AM
Geist posted...
If anything it seems to bother you Sony guys the most. After all you are posting about it the most.

---
The spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)
XBL: FryShakeWad PSN: fryshakewad
#9Ironman06Posted 5/14/2014 11:06:46 AM
TC is right, I was going to have a Gold Subscription either way. That being said, I'd rather own the games. That way 15 years from now when I dust off my old Xbox One platform and plug it in for nostalgia's sake, I'll still be able to play my favorite digital games.
---
"The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer." - Cunningham's Law
#10EllesarienPosted 5/14/2014 11:08:08 AM
Geist posted...

Oddly, this goes for all the recent X-1 announcements. The ones most vocal and angry about them are the Sony fans that don't even own the console.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.