Unsure about the fiture of xbox one (usually xbox's biggest fan)

#1mrpicPosted 5/14/2014 1:06:46 PM
The kinect removal has really irked me, I invested in a Day one edition on day one of launch paying around 560 for the bundle of

xbox one day 1

spare pad
cod ghosts
battlefield 4
assasins creed black flag
fifa 14
killer instinct
ryse

i have also spent quite a lot on other games so far i have bought

Crimson dragon
Powerstar golf
halo Spartan assult
Titanfall
peggle 2
trials fusion
plants vs zombies
dead rising 3
lego marvel
tomb raider
need for speed
metal gear ground zeroes

also i spent lots on content mostly about a thousand on fifa packs and such

But the thing is now they have basically removed the legitimate reason i was proud of my xbox one, i would allways say.. nope it wont be released without kinect microsoft said so. and now i look like a fool for trusting this and investing in this

i currently have 3 years xbl on my console 5 season passes and an ultimate team that would make your eyes water, and im seriously considering my options.

if i had spent 1200 on a pc and games/peripherals i would be happy with a fairly amazing pc with lots and lots of games NO DOUBT!

yet atm with this announcement im feeling like i have made a big mistake.
#2crynryanPosted 5/14/2014 1:13:33 PM
None of your games use kinect, except for maybe Peggle 2 and Dead Rising. What's your complaint as you can just carry on like you've been carrying on?
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#3TheMuffinPosted 5/14/2014 1:18:38 PM
crynryan posted...
None of your games use kinect, except for maybe Peggle 2 and Dead Rising. What's your complaint as you can just carry on like you've been carrying on?

Same question. This doesn't effect OP in any way, shape or form. If having a Kinect gave you some sense of pride then I'm confused and a little embarrassed for you.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#4untrustfulPosted 5/14/2014 1:19:19 PM
Surely kinect has advantages? Like you dont have to buy a headset or a mic, and video chat right? If you're into that you didn't really get screwed.
---
TSV: 2721, 3DS: 2062-9903-3990, In Game Name: Dr. Evil
Sleep & Dreams FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/284-sleep-and-dreams/44956530
#5Joey-ZazaPosted 5/14/2014 1:20:53 PM
Well money obviously isn't an issue for you. Just get a PS4.

Unless you have a compulsive buying problem.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#6thasnipermasterPosted 5/14/2014 1:21:43 PM
You spent 1000+ on fifa microtransactions? smfh
---
Im opposite of a care bear
KILLING FLOOR 2!!! FINALLY!!!
#7Joey-ZazaPosted 5/14/2014 1:22:38 PM
ikr. I seriously hope you actually had money for that, and you're not some credit card fiend.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#8kyncaniPosted 5/14/2014 1:25:40 PM
mrpic posted...
But the thing is now they have basically removed the legitimate reason i was proud of my xbox one, i would allways say.. nope it wont be released without kinect microsoft said so. and now i look like a fool for trusting this and investing in this

Microsoft's message is pretty clear : screw the Xbox One gamers, let's make a PS3.5
#9SharkbiteR6Posted 5/14/2014 1:31:34 PM
The future of the Xbox one? That one is easy. Just look at what Sony is doing with the PlayStation 4, and copy that ;)
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls 2, Persona 4: Arena, Bravely Default, Brigandine
#10LooksLikeRainPosted 5/14/2014 1:33:18 PM
SharkbiteR6 posted...
The future of the Xbox one? That one is easy. Just look at what Sony is doing with the PlayStation 4, and copy that ;)

This.

It worked well enough for Sony when they got most of their features from the Xbox 360.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'