Mehdi says PS4 is outselling X1 because 360 owners are more satisfied than PS3

#11KhelThuzadPosted 5/15/2014 2:14:31 AM
I bought a PS3 just recently to play all the exclusives I missed and am sure a lot of people did the same for the 360.

For the PS4 outselling the X1, it's simply based on consumer needs and satisfaction.

More people bought the PS4 simple because:

- It was cheaper
- It was more powerful based on specs
- people wanted to remain loyal to the PS brand
- They were swayed by all the negative press (MS got only themselves to blame for all their anti-consumer BS).

I know the thing that changed my mind was the 'how to lend a game' vid that Sony made to troll MS. That wasn't because of the DRM per se, but I knew one company wanted to please the crowd and the other simply wanted quick and easy dough in their pockets.
---
Trolling? Better get the facts right or get owned.
#12Pixx0Posted 5/15/2014 2:26:32 AM
Mehdi...
And the bs goes on !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slldMEPvUqA&feature=kp

time to dance
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#13spacejamjordanzPosted 5/15/2014 6:49:01 AM
More PR drivel. What else is new?
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#14spacejamjordanzPosted 5/15/2014 6:51:34 AM
Maybe in the early years of last gen, but I enjoyed PS3 more in the later years. Core gaming on the 360 took a nose dive after Kinect was launched.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#15MetroidFan9999Posted 5/15/2014 6:52:41 AM
And the goal post moves again, lmao.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#16USFPosted 5/15/2014 7:01:55 AM
If anything then the PS3 users have less reasons to upgrade considering they are still getting amazing games on their console. When was the last good game that came out on the 360, 4 years ago?

MS is pathetic. I wonder if their fans actually buy that PR ****.
---
Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed IV, Child Of Light.
#17MrSpaM111Posted 5/15/2014 7:07:28 AM
Who is this guy and why is he stupid?
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#18RhynomarPosted 5/15/2014 7:08:23 AM
I will say the only thing that maybe holds any weight about delaying the jump to next gen, is that in the states, 360 was the online multiplayer system for a lot of people.

So if I have 5 people that I normally play with on live... and only 1-2 of them are getting an xbone, then whats the incentive to shell out the 500$ when I am probably still gonna buy ghosts, titan fall, etc etc on 360 to play with friends.

However, that % of people is most likely extremely tiny.. but at least that makes some logical sense.

PS3 had a lot of great games, especially on the second half of its life. On top of that PS+ is literally giving 6month-1 year old AAA games out for free for PS+ subscribers on ps3. If anything, there is more incentive for PS3 players to hold onto the ps3 if only for the free games.. Than 360 players cause they are so happy with their experience lol.
#19UtterMoonPosted 5/15/2014 7:09:53 AM
So...so silly...

I don't envy his job, although he could surely do better when it comes to spinning things around, and last I checked the PS3 is still being heavily supported by Sony...The Last of Us and Zone of the Enders HD being prime examples....David Cage crapfest being a not so prime...but still something....

I mean honestly...is this guy trying to say that people are staying with the Xbox 360 for multi-platform games...games that are also on the Xbone? Is he saying that the all-mighty Titanfall isn't good enough? What in the hell is Mehdi trying to say?! Because yes...I loved the Xbox 360 for the first 4-5 years of its existence...and I scoffed at even the idea of getting a PS3, but the PS3 killed it the last couple of years...and I would say that I was far more satisfied with what it had to offer by the end...

But again...the guy can't just tell the truth....its his job to spin the negatives around, and to spout nonsense like this..
#20billsfanno1Posted 5/15/2014 7:17:43 AM
Making statements like that, no matter how true they believe it to be, comes off as petty and just adds salt to the wounds MS opened last year on the PR front. They need to exit managers from Xbox who can't humble themselves enough to understand the current climate and work to actively change it. Phil has been great about making the painfully obvious choices from a gamer's perspective. Mehdi seems to still be attached to the original failed vision.