Want to Know Why I Hate Kinect?

#1EnclavePosted 5/14/2014 7:36:37 PM
Now, while I consider motion gaming to largely be a gimmick? I do enjoy it at times, however never with Kinect.

The reason is simple, your body alone doesn't provide the tactile feel required to assist with putting you in a game. This is something I honestly think both Nintendo and Sony did much better. The controllers themselves, these add more precise controls, tactile feel, vibration response, and buttons for more options.

These features you find with Move and Wiimote are entirely missing with Kinect and I feel the largest thing holding back its games. I really do think they should have included a Move style controller along with Kinect 2.0, as well as a nunchuck controller and integrated them into Kinect gaming.

Now yes, that's basically what Sony has done with the PS4 camera, a combo of controller tracking and full body tracking, however that doesn't mean it's a bad idea. If they had done this and supported it with games (something Sony needs to get on as well) then I suspect reception would have been better, at least after the initial outrage which invariably happens when one company in any way copies another.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#2badmanneilPosted 5/14/2014 8:04:19 PM
I hate it because it only works when it wants to.