I do not understand...

#1HadesDragonessPosted 5/15/2014 7:38:26 AM
I am not understanding all this regarding the kinect. From the beginning MS had stated that they were going to bring a kinectless version out a little later after the complete bundle. Now that they have a lot of people seem to be getting their panties in a twist stating it is a 180. Am I missing something? I am not being sarcastic with this post but I genuinely do not understand what everyone is going on about?
---
XBOX360/One GT: Hades Dragoness
I have Asperger's. If I sound harsh or rude please do not take it personally.
#2FuRiOuS 198774623Posted 5/15/2014 7:43:56 AM
I don't remember them saying anything about planning for a Kinectless version before a few days ago. Up until then it was all "Kinect is required".
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC on 6/3/2003
#3SiriusSternFanPosted 5/15/2014 7:44:12 AM
You are dealing with children on here that have way too much time on their hands.

Just go to the store and buy the thing and play the games for it.
---
Obama is a long-legged Mack Daddy
#4HadesDragoness(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2014 7:49:52 AM
Oh I bought my xboxone at the start of April I think but I know the kinectless version was stated way back before Christmas because both myself and my husband were contemplating whether to wait for it or not. I decided to go for the kinect one because I like the health/excercise side of it. My husband hates kinect and, though he also got a complete bundle because he has no patience and could not wait, is happy that it is finally out so he can trade his kinect part in.

It just threw me seeing all the threads giving the impression that this was a shock announcement.
---
#5IMProdiGYPosted 5/15/2014 7:53:18 AM
Is summer vacation already here? Damn!! Smh!!
---
You know you're old when you know what flipping a game means!! glhf
#6dart246Posted 5/15/2014 7:56:58 AM
"A Kinect-less Xbox One is not in our plans at all. As we've said from the very beginning, we believe Kinect is an absolutely integral part of the Xbox One experience."

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/25/xbox-one-kinect-less-bundle-not-in-our-plans-at-all-says-eagle/

Sorry, you were saying?
---
If welfare could be used for abortions...this would be a much better world...
#7MrSpaM111Posted 5/15/2014 7:59:01 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-25-microsoft-no-plans-to-release-an-xbox-one-without-kinect

And this article is like 2 months old

Not sure where you got your info from tbh tc
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#8aszsithPosted 5/15/2014 8:00:46 AM
dart246 posted...
"A Kinect-less Xbox One is not in our plans at all. As we've said from the very beginning, we believe Kinect is an absolutely integral part of the Xbox One experience."

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/25/xbox-one-kinect-less-bundle-not-in-our-plans-at-all-says-eagle/

Sorry, you were saying?

Clearly the TC, like many people unfortunately, read some random article on the Internet and didn't know that it was inaccurate.

Up until the moment Microsoft shocked everyone the other day the company's stance was that Kinect would never be unbundled. Even developers were taken by surprise, such as Harmonix which has been working on a new Kinect-only title for some time now.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#9kholdstare04Posted 5/15/2014 8:01:30 AM
Denial at its best LOL
#10HadesDragoness(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2014 8:01:56 AM
My husband works in the gaming industry and he was the one who told me about it before xmas ... but with articles like those I do not know what to think now.... maybe it is something that I will never understand. Thank you for your replies anyway :)
---