Why no kinect = more power is a complete folly.

#1deathsaber79Posted 5/15/2014 8:33:50 AM
Seriously MS? You sold us for nearly the past year (since its unveiling) that Kinect was an integral part of the Xbone experience. That the console, more or less, couldn't exist without it, it was completely integrated into the OS, and kinect would more or less have everything to do with everything it does (voice commands, gestures, social uses, voice/video chat, livestreaming/let's play type stuff, all in conjunction even with controller games).

Now they are going to fracture the userbase, start selling it without Kinect- which is bad enough to all of the early adopters.

But now they go out and publically boast that they get some magic extra 10% out of the system without Kinect.

Say what? So now all of us who shilled out for Kinect bundle must now unplug the damn thing to power the "better" games that are supposedly coming? After you made your big argument about how Kinect MUST be there. Basically, this is MS themselves, basically saying the thing is a big expensive paperweight, therefore we encourage you to unplug it (or let us power it down ourselves via the software) so there can be enough power to play the biggest, most graphically intensive games we are making. Every dev out there that had an inkling of thought in their heads to include some kind of Kinect functinality are now saying "screw that, give me that extra10% hardware boost."

Of course, we've already heard from a lot of the Kinect focused devs out there, who've literally had the rug pulled out from under them. They've been firmly set up for failure. Rare, Harmonix, Zumba guys (lol), too bad for you!

And the biggest fans, who bought in despite the E3 debacle, paid the $500 for the kinect bundle, and get another thumb in the eye from MS who is now saying, nevermind, we really don't need this peripheral we charged you $100 for, and we are now going to marginalize (especially when 95% of sales going forward will undoubtedly be for the standalone console).

Honestly, being truthful here, I know there are some out there that might not care. Some that could give a rip about MS, some that money is no object and just buy every console, those who just want to play Halo/Gears and thats why they buy the MS consoles. But for me, I don't even see how this brand can even have fans anymore. Just saying....
#2SiriusSternFanPosted 5/15/2014 8:36:37 AM
www.microsoft.com

Send your complaints THERE, fella.
---
Obama is a long-legged Mack Daddy
#3LooksLikeRainPosted 5/15/2014 8:39:57 AM
I don't think they said you're going to get a 10% boost without kinect. I stopped reading there since that seems to be the focus of whatever you're babbling about.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#4userfrigginamePosted 5/15/2014 8:40:31 AM
Face it, whether it be a console or a video game, early adopters ALWAYS get the worst deal.
#5FeatherwindPosted 5/15/2014 8:42:41 AM(edited)
userfrigginame posted...
Face it, whether it be a console or a video game, early adopters ALWAYS get the worst deal.

Why shouldn't companies face the appropriate consequences for misleading or even outright lying to people?

It's not just a "bad deal", it's completely changing the role of Kinect after first selling millions of them.
---
pathological
#6-FryShakeWad-Posted 5/15/2014 8:48:20 AM
Glad i kept mine for Fantasia:M.E.
---
The spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)
XBL: FryShakeWad PSN: fryshakewad
#7superbowl54Posted 5/15/2014 8:50:31 AM
so because you were a fool that bought into their bs, now it's their fault?

Had you listened to real gamers, you would have known not to invest in a POS.

You have nobody to blame but yourself.
---
360: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence; Steam: superbowl54
MS needs to patch out the uselessness called Kinect.
#8MonicasBackPosted 5/15/2014 8:51:55 AM
Honestly if you are poor you shouldn't be buying games consoles anyways.

Real gamers who buy all consoles on day one and have a master race gaming PC are honestly unaffected by this.
---
Monicaaa