Spencer says plans to decouple Kinect from Xbox One began in April for consumers

#11Tajaz2426Posted 5/15/2014 1:53:47 PM
InjusticeReborn posted...
dnmt posted...
That's funny, here's what good ol' Spencer had to say about it last month:

The new man in charge at Xbox touches on a wide range of topics within our new issue’s cover feature, not least the continued presence of Kinect within its console offering. To justify its presence, there are more Kinect games coming – “There are a number of games on the ID@Xbox programme that use Kinect, and you’ll see more games in the fall,” he tells us – and Microsoft still doesn’t feel the need to remove it from the Xbox One package just yet, though it would reduce its price.

“We’re always trying to match what consumers are asking for,” he says. “I always want to make sure that we’re in tune with what current or potential customers are asking for from us. Right now, [dropping Kinect is] not the number one request from people. Usually it’s, ‘Where are the great games?’”

http://www.edge-online.com/news/can-microsoft-turn-things-around-for-xbox-one-we-speak-to-phil-spencer-phil-harrison-and-more-to-find-out/

Nice lie, there.

What is conflicting for you?

Supposedly, Spencer gets the job, and as soon as he wants to offer a Kinect free Xbox One and puts the idea forward. Microsoft is being stubborn about it. He gives that interview you're quoting.

Microsoft cave in (for whatever reason), and now there is a Kinect free Xbox One. He gives that interview in the opening post.

I don't get what you're trying to point out? :/

Come on, that is a pretty blatant lie. People read this and believed their kinect was the heart of the One. Jesus why do we keep spinning, he lied, it's done and over.

I'm thinking this gent would make a super politician the way he has cattle running right behind him, cleaning up the mess.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#12GambitbuzzkillPosted 5/15/2014 2:16:21 PM
Good ol Phil Mccrackin looking out for gamers I swear the best thing MS did in a long time was put him in charge of XBOX.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#13InjusticeRebornPosted 5/16/2014 12:50:06 AM
Tajaz2426 posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
dnmt posted...
That's funny, here's what good ol' Spencer had to say about it last month:

The new man in charge at Xbox touches on a wide range of topics within our new issue’s cover feature, not least the continued presence of Kinect within its console offering. To justify its presence, there are more Kinect games coming – “There are a number of games on the ID@Xbox programme that use Kinect, and you’ll see more games in the fall,” he tells us – and Microsoft still doesn’t feel the need to remove it from the Xbox One package just yet, though it would reduce its price.

“We’re always trying to match what consumers are asking for,” he says. “I always want to make sure that we’re in tune with what current or potential customers are asking for from us. Right now, [dropping Kinect is] not the number one request from people. Usually it’s, ‘Where are the great games?’”

http://www.edge-online.com/news/can-microsoft-turn-things-around-for-xbox-one-we-speak-to-phil-spencer-phil-harrison-and-more-to-find-out/

Nice lie, there.

What is conflicting for you?

Supposedly, Spencer gets the job, and as soon as he wants to offer a Kinect free Xbox One and puts the idea forward. Microsoft is being stubborn about it. He gives that interview you're quoting.

Microsoft cave in (for whatever reason), and now there is a Kinect free Xbox One. He gives that interview in the opening post.

I don't get what you're trying to point out? :/

Come on, that is a pretty blatant lie. People read this and believed their kinect was the heart of the One. Jesus why do we keep spinning, he lied, it's done and over.

I'm thinking this gent would make a super politician the way he has cattle running right behind him, cleaning up the mess.

Okay, ITT, we all know what is going on behind closed doors with Microsoft and Spencer.

Please, guys, give us this weekend's lotto numbers.
---
"I love my PS4 but Sony could kick the fan-boys in the throat and they would call it a neck-massage." - a PS4 gamer
#14TenzhiPosted 5/16/2014 1:22:42 AM
Tajaz2426 posted...
People read this and believed their kinect was the heart of the One.

How people interpret a statement doesn't always match what is actually being said.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#15Run_2_the_HillsPosted 5/16/2014 1:53:48 AM(edited)
TheCyborgNinja posted...
MS gets it. A year ago, they thought they could get away with murder. They've been humbled, just like Sony was with the PS3. The only real difference being MS has more options when it comes to policy reversals. Sony just had to sit back and wait for parts to become cheaper.

Agreed, Sony got bigheaded with the ps2. MS got bigheaded with the 360.
Sony during the ps3: get another job. Consumers: nah I'll get a 360.
MS during the xbone: get a 360. Consumers: nah I'll grab a ps4.

That's why competition is good.
#16Shik_stickPosted 5/16/2014 2:00:37 AM
Ryan-06 posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...
MS gets it.

Wrong. PHIL SPENCER gets it. He's thankfully one of the few at MS with a brain. So props and credit for taking the xbox brand in the better directions it's going now.

Should've been day 1 of course. Good job, Phil! Go buy him a philly cheese steak sandwich now.

Ya know, i have to disagree. I still think this guy is a just another corporate lackey with no charisma or personality(at least when on stage). The things he is doing now, while really great, are common sense things that ANYBODY in his position would have done. He got promoted and wanted to make his presence known.

Also, this situation is very similar to last year's reverse-a-palooza. Xbox is getting decimated by PS4 in sales, and MS wants as much money as possible, like any big company or business. His remarks about "people want the Xbox at $399, is what we hear and we listen to the consumers" is complete bull. what they really heard was that nobody ever really wanted the Kinect and, that message was delivered loud and clear with the sales numbers.

He can try to spin the reasoning for this around all he wants, it won't change the fact that Kinect was a mistake and they were paying for that mistake. now Spencer is trying to fix it and act like it's all good, while still hyping the thing up. Is it too much to ask for someone from MS just to step up and say "yeah, sorry everyone...we ****ed up."?

Don't get me wrong, he IS doing the right things, but i don't believe he should be praised for them any further than saying exactly that. It's like last year when they reversed the DRM and all of that other crap...They were praised for doing the right thing...? When they shouldn't have done what they did to begin with? I'm sorry but no.

Anyways, that went on a bit longer than i intended so apologies are due. But as i said, he is doing the right thing(for whatever reasons and despite any corporate double talk) so it's just good news for gamers all around and i was actually really pleased when i read that news. So hopefully he will continue down that path and maybe, just maybe sometime soon we will have an Xbox that is actually worth all the fuss.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!