Titanfall not outsold by Infamous

#1Mjs903Posted 5/15/2014 8:06:18 PM
Theres currently an article on ign which states that titanfall was once again the best selling game for April. Sorry infamous fans. Facts are facts
#2Tajaz2426Posted 5/15/2014 8:08:13 PM
Mjs903 posted...
Theres currently an article on ign which states that titanfall was once again the best selling game for April. Sorry infamous fans. Facts are facts

It did outsell ISS with all three combined. The One vs The 4, it did not. Doesn't really anther of course as they are two different games.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#3HowatizerPosted 5/15/2014 8:08:49 PM
Well it outsold Titanfall if it is just PS4 vs X1 sales. Apparently that is all that matters and makes Titanfall a flop.
---
It is fortunate to be favored with praise and popularity. It is dire luck to be dependent on the feelings of your fellow man.- The Havamal
#4fhsfootball74Posted 5/15/2014 8:09:42 PM
When you combine 360 and PC into the equation, no it did not. However X1 vs PS4, SS won.
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes,Tottenham Hotspur
PSN-fhsfootball74 NNID- razzputin Xbox Live-Returnoftheryan
#5Homie_202Posted 5/15/2014 8:10:28 PM
If you combine all 3 platforms yes it did. If you put just the one version of Titanfall up against infamous it did not. But either way it's not surprising that Titanfall outsold it. It's a shooter made by the people who made cod what it is today. And infamous is an incredibly niche open world game.
#6fhsfootball74Posted 5/15/2014 8:15:25 PM
I find it odd that so many are lumping the PC and 360 sales with the One's. Assassin's Creed 4 may have sold millions of copies, but it didn't sell millions of copies on the Wii U.
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes,Tottenham Hotspur
PSN-fhsfootball74 NNID- razzputin Xbox Live-Returnoftheryan
#7ShELbY_GT500Posted 5/15/2014 8:17:10 PM
I don't get you guys.. Titanfall is game that caters to a very large player base whereas InFamous really only caters to a niche crowd. Most people including myself that have played Infamous have only done so due to the lack of available games. Its just stupid comparing sales of 2 very different games on 2 different consoles.
#8MrImpatient35Posted 5/15/2014 8:17:17 PM
This is tricky. It prolly sold more on PS3 than Titanfall did on X1, but is that also including digital sales? I have a digital version. And far more people own PS4 than a X1, so if people owned the same number of both systems, would SS have sold more? So many questions. This isn't cut and dry, as far as I'm concerned.

The thing though is...how many hours did people put into both games on average? Prolly an unfair question.
---
FML
#9Tajaz2426Posted 5/15/2014 8:19:10 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
This is tricky. It prolly sold more on PS3 than Titanfall did on X1, but is that also including digital sales? I have a digital version. And far more people own PS4 than a X1, so if people owned the same number of both systems, would SS have sold more? So many questions. This isn't cut and dry, as far as I'm concerned.

The thing though is...how many hours did people put into both games on average? Prolly an unfair question.

Yeah unfair to question hours played, as one is only SP, the other is only MP and being that it will garner more hours essentially.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#10uniquebadgerPosted 5/15/2014 8:19:13 PM
Howatizer posted...
Well it outsold Titanfall if it is just PS4 vs X1 sales. Apparently that is all that matters and makes Titanfall a flop.

This is why it is such a stupid topic, and it is kind of annoying how almost every other topic is about this. Titanfall was never gonna be a system seller because the same game, minus some graphic difference, came out on the 360. Right there it loses its incentive for people to go out and buy an Xbox One.