A little reminder of the whole "kinectless Xbox 1"

#1twiztidfreak6t9Posted 5/15/2014 9:36:22 PM
Don Mattrick was in charge when they stated there will be no Kinectless Xbox One.He was a tool but at the same time had balls enough to put it to the consumer.

Now Phil Spencer is, and at least he did what allot of you wanted, and removed the need for Kinect to be purchased with the console and drop the price to $400.

So all of you that have bought the Xbox One before now, blame him, not the company or Phil.

As for my 2 cents, they should have stuck with it and just drop the price by $50 at least.I agree with allot of people that it could hurt development on future Kinect games and that sucks ass as I am one that enjoys Kinect and even Kinect sports Rivals.
---
PSN (PS4):Twiztidfreak6t9 GT(Xbox One):Same as PSN.
#2BilliePilgrimPosted 5/15/2014 10:26:04 PM
Can someone remind me if people get this bent out of shape when MS released the arcade version of the 360?
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#3HiddenRoarPosted 5/15/2014 10:54:39 PM
twiztidfreak6t9 posted...
Don Mattrick was in charge when they stated there will be no Kinectless Xbox One.He was a tool but at the same time had balls enough to put it to the consumer.

Now Phil Spencer is, and at least he did what allot of you wanted, and removed the need for Kinect to be purchased with the console and drop the price to $400.

So all of you that have bought the Xbox One before now, blame him, not the company or Phil.

As for my 2 cents, they should have stuck with it and just drop the price by $50 at least.I agree with allot of people that it could hurt development on future Kinect games and that sucks ass as I am one that enjoys Kinect and even Kinect sports Rivals.

Pretty sure even if Don is in charge of the Xbox division, he still answers/ed to Balmer.

Or that it's amazing how Balmer, as CEO of the whole MS and lover of the Xbox, did nothing to fix the mess made by DM.
#4twiztidfreak6t9(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 9:20:42 AM
HiddenRoar posted...

Pretty sure even if Don is in charge of the Xbox division, he still answers/ed to Balmer.

Or that it's amazing how Balmer, as CEO of the whole MS and lover of the Xbox, did nothing to fix the mess made by DM.

^I agree with that as well, but Phil seems to be setting things straight, something Steve & Don did not.Unless Steve had his tail up his ass after all the backlash & said **** it lol
---
#5Viper187666Posted 5/17/2014 7:10:41 PM

If you like motion gaming so damn much, go get a Wii/WiiU. Xbox didn't start out all about that BS gimmick, and the brand was being pulled down because of it. If they can't make it useful enough to profit on it being sold separately, it deserves to die.

What I find really funny is that Halo launched the original Xbox and made it what it was, but both 360 and XB1 launched without a Halo title. After the "ending" of Halo 2, I literally refused to get a 360 until Halo 3 was released.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#6bartz90Posted 5/17/2014 7:14:32 PM

Maybe but he really had the balls to stick the consumer with the costs for a product they largely didn't want. Sticking by your guns is great but not if the idea was a loser to begin with.
---
-
#7twiztidfreak6t9(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 7:31:00 PM
Viper187666 posted...

If you like motion gaming so damn much, go get a Wii/WiiU. Xbox didn't start out all about that BS gimmick, and the brand was being pulled down because of it. If they can't make it useful enough to profit on it being sold separately, it deserves to die.

What I find really funny is that Halo launched the original Xbox and made it what it was, but both 360 and XB1 launched without a Halo title. After the "ending" of Halo 2, I literally refused to get a 360 until Halo 3 was released.

When it works, it's no gimmick...... I understand people such as yourself don't want Kinect, and that's fine, I was just stating my opinion, as were you and others that didn't want Kinect in the first place.Looks like on June 9th you guys will have your wish and be able to enjoy the Xbox brand again.

I only wanted them to stick with it for the development of games for it instead of it being an add on that was supposed to be a big chunk of the hardware.They should have just lowered the price.

I'm sure none of you would have cared about it being in the box if it were $399 as well though.Hell, I'd be really happy myself, would have saved me $100.
---
#8da_StoOgePosted 5/17/2014 8:48:05 PM
BilliePilgrim posted...
Can someone remind me if people get this bent out of shape when MS released the arcade version of the 360?

Actually, that set the 360 back far more than the Kinect Xbox One will.

Not being able to bank in every console having a HDD was an incredibly stupid move after how useful it proved in the original Xbox.
---
Being modded without reason since 2035.
#9Viper187666Posted 5/17/2014 9:43:19 PM

I'm sure none of you would have cared about it being in the box if it were $399 as well though.Hell, I'd be really happy myself, would have saved me $100.

I would. It was never about the price. If I decide to get the Gamestop replacement plan, I'll be spending $500 anyway. If I want to be cheap, I could get one online for $400 without tax.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#10Viper187666Posted 5/17/2014 9:45:07 PM
da_StoOge posted...
BilliePilgrim posted...

Actually, that set the 360 back far more than the Kinect Xbox One will.

Not being able to bank in every console having a HDD was an incredibly stupid move after how useful it proved in the original Xbox.

and the people WITH hard drives are still suffering. That stupid cache system for title updates really needs to go. I'm tired of being booted from party chats to download the same updates because I played a few other games and went back to something that definitely doesn't have a new update.
---