In my perfect world Sunset OD would outsell Watch_Dogs and Titanfall would...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. In my perfect world Sunset OD would outsell Watch_Dogs and Titanfall would...
2 years ago#1
issue in a wave of mech based games.

I miss colourful games and fantastical settings. I'm really hoping we don't see another surge of "modern day" games. At least CoD is going semi-futuristic, but both inFAMOUS and Watch Dogs are set in rather boring locations (IMO).

Why would you want to be a super hero in Seattle or a guy with an iPhone in Chicago when you could be running around in a Blade Runner type setting hacking flying cars or blowing up robots?
Being modded without reason since 2035.
2 years ago#2
For some, it might be that they want to fly around with superpowers in their hometown (Sucker Punch is based in Bellevue which is ~15 minutes away from Seattle, so for them it could've also been developer familiarity with the area).

Having a game that's based in reality but with either super powers or unbelievable access to everything that could be hacked gives people a chance at doing something they might want to be able to do, but can't thanks to the laws of physics/reality/etc.
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
2 years ago#3
da_StoOge posted...
issue in a wave of mech based games.

I miss colourful games and fantastical settings. I'm really hoping we don't see another surge of "modern day" games. At least CoD is going semi-futuristic, but both inFAMOUS and Watch Dogs are set in rather boring locations (IMO).

Why would you want to be a super hero in Seattle or a guy with an iPhone in Chicago when you could be running around in a Blade Runner type setting hacking flying cars or blowing up robots?

I've always wanted a cyberpunk game besides the amazing deus ex series
Would You Kindly?. The Police and The Killers are the best bands ever.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. In my perfect world Sunset OD would outsell Watch_Dogs and Titanfall would...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived