In my perfect world Sunset OD would outsell Watch_Dogs and Titanfall would...

#1da_StoOgePosted 5/16/2014 12:59:36 AM
issue in a wave of mech based games.

I miss colourful games and fantastical settings. I'm really hoping we don't see another surge of "modern day" games. At least CoD is going semi-futuristic, but both inFAMOUS and Watch Dogs are set in rather boring locations (IMO).

Why would you want to be a super hero in Seattle or a guy with an iPhone in Chicago when you could be running around in a Blade Runner type setting hacking flying cars or blowing up robots?
---
Being modded without reason since 2035.
#2crynryanPosted 5/16/2014 1:07:08 AM
For some, it might be that they want to fly around with superpowers in their hometown (Sucker Punch is based in Bellevue which is ~15 minutes away from Seattle, so for them it could've also been developer familiarity with the area).

Having a game that's based in reality but with either super powers or unbelievable access to everything that could be hacked gives people a chance at doing something they might want to be able to do, but can't thanks to the laws of physics/reality/etc.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#3Rizzman111Posted 5/16/2014 2:26:16 AM(edited)
da_StoOge posted...
issue in a wave of mech based games.

I miss colourful games and fantastical settings. I'm really hoping we don't see another surge of "modern day" games. At least CoD is going semi-futuristic, but both inFAMOUS and Watch Dogs are set in rather boring locations (IMO).

Why would you want to be a super hero in Seattle or a guy with an iPhone in Chicago when you could be running around in a Blade Runner type setting hacking flying cars or blowing up robots?

I've always wanted a cyberpunk game besides the amazing deus ex series
---
Would You Kindly?. The Police and The Killers are the best bands ever.