Is Microsoft Pre-leaking Halo 5 a sign of desperation?

#1Gadoken22Posted 5/16/2014 1:57:29 AM
Something's going down in 24 hours. Apparently, it's related to Halo. Now we know that E3 is when Microsoft is supposed to drop the bombs but in the span of one week, we've had the death of Kinect and now the showing of Halo.

What do you think? Microsoft hitting the panic button or a brilliant checkers move? Discuss~

Ps: Didn't link because it's mostly Twitter feed but there is an N4G article about it.
#2NINFanboyPosted 5/16/2014 2:07:39 AM
I don't see what's wrong with teasing the fans by revealing a few bits and pieces about Halo 5. Everybody knows they're gonna show more Halo footage at E3 anyway.

And the Kintect-less Xbone will launch on June 9th. That's like what, two or three days after their E3 press conference? Of course it's better to announce this at least a month earlier. Otherwise it would be one announcement in a sea of announcements. Not to mention that MS's press conference is usually before Sony's and Nintendo's, who might announce price reductions themselves. I think this says something about the attention span of the average viewer.

People will go into E3 with a bit more awareness already, which means they're gonna pay more attention to MS's press conference.
---
Praise the Sun!!
#3nableetPosted 5/16/2014 2:11:21 AM
It's odd, with E3 not too far away now they may as well just have the best E3 they can.

This halo 5 announcement may be more a deflection tactic though. Lots of fuss (negative & positive) over the kinect-less xbone, so Halo can make that go away for a while.

Although I strongly disliked Halo 4, so am very interested in what they are planning to bring it back...
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#4NINFanboyPosted 5/16/2014 2:15:27 AM
nableet posted...
This halo 5 announcement may be more a deflection tactic though. Lots of fuss (negative & positive) over the kinect-less xbone, so Halo can make that go away for a while.

This too. It's always a good idea to counter hardware controversy with games. "You're wondering why you should buy our system? Because of these games here."
---
Praise the Sun!!
#5Foreign ObjectsPosted 5/16/2014 2:48:49 AM
How is it a "pre-leak" when it's being shown.. Not leaking.

And what exactly is a pre-leak? Wouldn't that just be a regular leak? Leaking before it was intended to be leaked early? I don't get it.
---
etc
#6TauriLeaderPosted 5/16/2014 2:49:29 AM
NINFanboy posted...
I don't see what's wrong with teasing the fans by revealing a few bits and pieces about Halo 5. Everybody knows they're gonna show more Halo footage at E3 anyway.

And the Kintect-less Xbone will launch on June 9th. That's like what, two or three days after their E3 press conference?

It is the same day as the conference. If it was me I would have waited a day and release it on the 10th. Do the E3 conference wow people and say at the end kinectless console out tomorrow.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#7oldhbk76Posted 5/16/2014 2:50:13 AM
No, they said to fit everything into there press conference the had to release info before hand.
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
#8lunaticcorePosted 5/16/2014 3:02:09 AM
Could mean the game is slipping into the next year.

They might just have enough stuff to show off at E3 that should be out by Xmas.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#9BukoNuTzPosted 5/16/2014 3:03:17 AM
Here it is folks, Halo 5: Guardians.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-halo-journey-announcement
---
PSN:BukoNuTz
#10nableetPosted 5/16/2014 3:04:14 AM
A numbered halo with a title? Hmmm.

Pre-order cancelled.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff