Is Microsoft Pre-leaking Halo 5 a sign of desperation?

#11lunaticcorePosted 5/16/2014 3:05:29 AM
lunaticcore posted...
Could mean the game is slipping into the next year.

They might just have enough stuff to show off at E3 that should be out by Xmas.

and.... Fall 2015 it is.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#12slowdog76Posted 5/16/2014 3:05:31 AM
Is Microsoft Pre-leaking Halo 5 a sign of desperation?

No
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#13lunaticcorePosted 5/16/2014 3:09:13 AM
I am going to say it is actually a sign of two things. E3 is going to be packed with games coming out in 2014 (and before Halo 5), and they know not everybody is going to be happy this game isn't coming out in 2014. They seem to like getting disappointment out of the way pre-E3
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#14Legend053180Posted 5/16/2014 3:26:10 AM
Games are just too big to be a secret anymore.
Remember someone pushed the big red button on putting Halo 4 on the xbox website THE DAY OF announcing it on E3. You could hear the air deflating around the world.
Best to have your day when you can have it.
#15N2O1990Posted 5/16/2014 3:32:57 AM
Pretty sure it's a sign of TC keep annoying
#16strawberry11Posted 5/16/2014 3:38:37 AM
I think it is a deflection. The kinectless xb1 just adds to the perception of a screwed up strategy, one that has gained traction with gamers and which the shareholders may well be thinking as well.
The April NPD figures are exactly glorious either, so maybe they felt they had to go aggressive on the PR side and deploy some of their reserves earlier than planned.
Whether it's a good idea remains to be seen. Getting out the new Kinectless spec way before E3 is something they had to do, because it means at E3 they can take concentrate on games, taking on Sony on a level playing field and not having to deal with more questions over strategy and 180's etc. But now they are eating into their sales pitch for games, which I would say makes it easier for Sony
---
Yes my game is Wiggle jiggle.
#17strawberry11Posted 5/16/2014 3:41:34 AM
Legend053180 posted...
Games are just too big to be a secret anymore.
Remember someone pushed the big red button on putting Halo 4 on the xbox website THE DAY OF announcing it on E3. You could hear the air deflating around the world.
Best to have your day when you can have it.

Did anyone seriously think Halo5 was coming this year? There was never a chance of that, which is where Halo 2A comes in. Same deal with Sony rereleasing TLoU, with no Uncharted4 until 2015 at the earliest
---
Yes my game is Wiggle jiggle.
#18GambitbuzzkillPosted 5/16/2014 4:08:31 AM
Gadoken22 posted...
Something's going down in 24 hours. Apparently, it's related to Halo. Now we know that E3 is when Microsoft is supposed to drop the bombs but in the span of one week, we've had the death of Kinect and now the showing of Halo.

What do you think? Microsoft hitting the panic button or a brilliant checkers move? Discuss~

Ps: Didn't link because it's mostly Twitter feed but there is an N4G article about it.

Well Phil Spencer did say they was going show a few things before E3 and he wasn't lying. Now if they are doing all this how crazy must there show be cause I think Sony should be worried.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#19NINFanboyPosted 5/16/2014 4:18:50 AM
BukoNuTz posted...
Here it is folks, Halo 5: Guardians.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-halo-journey-announcement

“Halo 5: Guardians” is a bigger effort than “Halo 4.” That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.

Take your time if you're gonna have a new engine.
---
Praise the Sun!!
#20AwayFromHerePosted 5/16/2014 4:39:02 AM
Okay, we've been hearing for weeks that MS has 'too much' to cram into their E3 conference...

Halo 5 information is something they release randomly on a Friday morning?

There had better be a huge trailer or people are going to shred them over this. I don't mean a 30 second teaser either, we already got that. 90 seconds to two minutes, of actual in engine gameplay, or they can just f*** right off.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.