It's Xb1 users fault that MS unbundled the kinect

#1newbie2007Posted 5/16/2014 6:15:08 AM
There are many XB1 fans complain that general gamers stiffle their favorite innovation aka the Kinect.
IMO, it's the xb1 users turning their back on Kinect that should be blamed.

Kinect Sports Rivals, now there's a game that actually use Kinect in a meaningful way. And it sells only 150k copies!

According to MS, on average, Xb1 users use 120 voice commands per month or 4 commands per days!

Couple with the fact that MS sold only 115k units in April, it's easy to see why MS unbudled the Kinect to lower the price. It is still too high though. Expect XB1 model with no Kinect, no HDMI passthough for $350 soon.
#2MJFJDPosted 5/16/2014 6:16:38 AM
It is Microsofts responsibility to make the Kinect desirable. Kinect Sports Rivals fell short of that goal on release.
#3aheroafakePosted 5/16/2014 6:21:35 AM
QQ more.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#4gumbyxcore99Posted 5/16/2014 6:28:52 AM
you think an hdmi passthrough cost 50 dollars?

how much do you think a used bic pen costs? 9 million dollars?
---
http://ovalteam.tumblr.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoj0xJsdO7U
#5chicken8orPosted 5/16/2014 6:32:08 AM
The Kinect is a great piece of hardware, but developers seem to have an all-or-nothing approach to it. They ignore it or base the entire game around it. That is wrong!

I wish they would integrate it into games, but not make it the primary source of input. I love what Skyrim did with the voice commands making the game 100% better and faster since I didn't have to navigate menus during every fight to change weapons and spells every 5 seconds.

Just make your games utilize the kinect, not rely on it.

That being said, I use my Kinect every single day and would buy another one without hesitation if it broke.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#6newbie2007(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 6:53:17 AM
gumbyxcore99 posted...
you think an hdmi passthrough cost 50 dollars?

Certainly not (I don't know the HDMI license cost), but those are the main sacrifiable components, may be smaller harddrive, integrated PSU, .... Kinect-less model seems to me like a hurried stop-gap model than a well-thought out revision.
#7lunchbox2042Posted 5/16/2014 6:59:40 AM
chicken8or posted...
The Kinect is a great piece of hardware, but developers seem to have an all-or-nothing approach to it. They ignore it or base the entire game around it. That is wrong!

I wish they would integrate it into games, but not make it the primary source of input. I love what Skyrim did with the voice commands making the game 100% better and faster since I didn't have to navigate menus during every fight to change weapons and spells every 5 seconds.

Just make your games utilize the kinect, not rely on it.

That being said, I use my Kinect every single day and would buy another one without hesitation if it broke.

If you're going to use it soley for voice commands then why not just make those voice commands available through a headset? You don't need a silly camera just for the voice commands.
#8crucialPosted 5/16/2014 7:05:57 AM
I like kinect but it should not be forced on the consumer for 100 bucks more,in the end it would hurt MS more so then packing it with each console,the 2 biggest complaints about X1 was the price and forced kinect,MS listened and made the change,kudos to them for listening,and when you can't make a decent game for it who would ever want it to game with at this point?MS been working on kinect for 7 years and what we get out of it?
#9CKnightPosted 5/16/2014 7:07:21 AM
newbie2007 posted...
There are many XB1 fans complain that general gamers stiffle their favorite innovation aka the Kinect.
IMO, it's the xb1 users turning their back on Kinect that should be blamed.

Kinect Sports Rivals, now there's a game that actually use Kinect in a meaningful way. And it sells only 150k copies!

According to MS, on average, Xb1 users use 120 voice commands per month or 4 commands per days!

Couple with the fact that MS sold only 115k units in April, it's easy to see why MS unbudled the Kinect to lower the price. It is still too high though. Expect XB1 model with no Kinect, no HDMI passthough for $350 soon.

The problem was the sluggish sales. The Xbox One needed to compete with the PS4 on pricing and MS isn't willing to lose money keeping the Kinect in the box so they unbundled it and marked the price down. And those still interested in Kinect can still buy it to get the full exp of the X1 as MS planned.
#10MrImpatient35Posted 5/16/2014 7:10:36 AM
This whole dis-kinecting thing is very depressing. I just keep telling myself that I essentially got Kinect free when I bought the Titanfall bundle. So even though I'll be VERY disappointed if Kinect support suffers because of this, I got it free anyway *sigh*
---
FML