So how are preorders for the kinect-less Xbox One?

#21nableetPosted 5/17/2014 5:25:29 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
SubSeenix posted...
No they are as bad as before

Won't help that Halo 5 is coming at the end of 2015
Hey 400$ for inferior Multiplats...buy now!

Well not really worth it.
At Halo 5 release they will probably be down to 300$

Exactly why I think MS should've kept Kinect bundled. As if removing it is gonna change anything. People have been SAYING that they need to ditch Kinect before they buy for months now. They ditched it. What happened? Not a damn thing, like I thought would happen, so this was a pointless move. Bring the Kinect back MS. It's not too late.

Can I borrow the crystal ball you have used to determine that making a cheaper kinect-less SKU has done nothing? Since it isn't out yet.....

Why pre-order when you have been able to walk in to any shop for 4-5 months and easily pick up an xbone? Also, as has been stated, $399 may not be a great price when $450 bundles existed that had a game included.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#22MrImpatient35Posted 5/17/2014 5:30:41 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
It's not a better deal then they've had, the kinect plus a game for $450-475 was a better deal. If people think it will affect sales numbers a lot they're crazy, it will continue to sell ok.

*sigh* sadly, you're right. This was a horrible move IMO. And the Titanfall bundle was a GREAT DEAL! $500 X1, $60 Titanfall, and $10 XBL for $450? I hopped on that deal immediately. Can't believe nobody else did lol. Gonna be a LONG time before another deal like that happens.
---
FML
#23cheezedadadaPosted 5/17/2014 5:31:18 AM
LOL why would the preorder numbers go up? It comes out June 9th. Go to the store and buy it on June 9th. My friend who owns a PS4 and was sticking to Sony this generation is buying one, but he sure as hell has no reason to preorder it. He just needs to buy it when it comes out like everyone else.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else.
#24MrImpatient35Posted 5/17/2014 5:32:40 AM
nableet posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
SubSeenix posted...

Exactly why I think MS should've kept Kinect bundled. As if removing it is gonna change anything. People have been SAYING that they need to ditch Kinect before they buy for months now. They ditched it. What happened? Not a damn thing, like I thought would happen, so this was a pointless move. Bring the Kinect back MS. It's not too late.

Can I borrow the crystal ball you have used to determine that making a cheaper kinect-less SKU has done nothing? Since it isn't out yet.....

Why pre-order when you have been able to walk in to any shop for 4-5 months and easily pick up an xbone? Also, as has been stated, $399 may not be a great price when $450 bundles existed that had a game included.

I say that because of comments made on this board. Judging from what people on here are saying, the boost in sales from this move wont be big at all. I hope it is though, otherwise this move was completely pointless, and ruined the future of Kinect for nothing.
---
FML
#25dnmtPosted 5/17/2014 5:34:55 AM
cheezedadada posted...
LOL why would the preorder numbers go up? It comes out June 9th. Go to the store and buy it on June 9th. My friend who owns a PS4 and was sticking to Sony this generation is buying one, but he sure as hell has no reason to preorder it. He just needs to buy it when it comes out like everyone else.

People always pre-order things even when there's no good reason to. The low number of pre-orders for the Kinect-less SKU is actually pretty telling.
#26nableetPosted 5/17/2014 5:38:56 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
nableet posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
SubSeenix posted...

I say that because of comments made on this board. Judging from what people on here are saying, the boost in sales from this move wont be big at all. I hope it is though, otherwise this move was completely pointless, and ruined the future of Kinect for nothing.

Don't listen to people on this board! (apart from me, listen to me :P)

It is much too early to tell whether it will have helped or not. I think if they had gone in at $350 then they would have meant serious business. As it stands, buying the kinect version (on sale) is a much better deal, and even that didn't sell many consoles these past two months....
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#27cheezedadadaPosted 5/17/2014 5:41:47 AM
dnmt posted...
cheezedadada posted...

People always pre-order things even when there's no good reason to. The low number of pre-orders for the Kinect-less SKU is actually pretty telling.

Yeah I just see no reason to run out and preorder it days after the announcement. E3 is coming and if I was on the fence, I would at least want to see that first knowing I should be able to pick one up in the store. Thats what my friend is doing. He doesn't want to lock himself into a preorder now when the short term future contains a lot of game related news.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else.
#28Kovifan27Posted 5/17/2014 5:47:19 AM
I'm going to guess customers that don't know and just buy for a son/daughter will be very confused. The sales overall might still be made up by a decent number of Kinect units. Especially if the market still has alot of them in stock. They will be liquidated somehow.
#29gogogodzillaPosted 5/17/2014 11:23:19 AM
dnmt posted...
cheezedadada posted...

I'd think a comparison between preorders for the Kinect-less and Kinect-equipped Xbox1's would be the most telling.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"