Microsoft dropping MEGATONS before E3: the truth and your expectations

#1ROFLdPosted 5/16/2014 6:56:27 AM
Phil Spencer, new head (and savior) of Xbox, said that this E3 will be crammed packed and they're running out of space for everything. Let's logically run by the megatons dropped by Microsoft in the past 2 weeks and get an idea for what's in store:

- Sunset Overdrive media blowout. INCREDIBLE POSITIVE FEEDBACK from gamers, and the game looks astonishing (what Insomniac has been "building up for the past 20 years to make"). Something that surely is E3 material.

-Paywall dropped for apps on Xbox platforms. Even though MS has charged for the past 11 years, gamers complained and they listened. Again, surely E3 material (positive listening message, crowd cheers, gamers watching go "about time, nice!")

-$399 Xbox One without Kinect. The video by Yusef and Spencer explaining that Kinect makes XB1 a superior experience (if you have an XB1 you know what I mean) but gamers wanted choices, and that many people just want to play Titanfall or CoD multiplayer with friends for a cheaper price point, said it all. Could've been them live explaining this at E3, and E3 is known for price drops. Again, positive E3 material.

-GwG Xbox One announced, as well as Deals With Gold (75%-90% off titles for Gold members). For icing on the cake, an incredible Xbox 360 GwG month, Dark Souls, Charlie Murder and SSF4: AE (during the same month the Street Fighter Ultra DLC comes out, meaning newcomers can upgrade for $15). All amazing games, and the first time over two games as well. Again, E3-esque.

-Halo 5 Guardians reveal. Boxart and direction looks AMAZING, and this is undoubtedly E3 material. I understand we only got a sneak peak, but this is Halo we're talking about. Look at the positive responses around the web now --- imagine E3? Yeah, were probably gonna more on stage but this was of to reveal on an early Friday morning.

Now, ALL of this got released a month before E3, no leaks, just straight from Microsoft. Even right now on Twitter their talking about how this E3 will be games, games and games, for the gamers. If all this amazing stuff got announced pre-E3, what do you think they have in store?

My top 5 predictions:
Eden Falls RPG made by Lionhead
H2A with Halo 5 beta
Forza Horizon 2
More Indies
Quantum Break blowout

I'm only listing 5 predictions because this post is long enough, lol. What say you?
---
Craw so hard mother****ers wanna fry me... that fish cray
#2N2O1990Posted 5/16/2014 6:59:29 AM
Some kind of Japanese exclusive game by Platinum games
#3crucialPosted 5/16/2014 7:01:34 AM
MS stated they have so much stuff to show that some of it will get leaked and shown before E3 and after as well,my guess they are sick of being behind Sony and are making moves to move more units,with SSO,Halo 2,Halo 5 is a great start,I also have a feelin.g Rare is going to show off some classics like Battletoads,Perfect Dark and maybe a new IP,I want to see more of QB and just new IPs,new arcade titles and maybe some remakes of old IPs,have a feeling MS is going to own at e3
#4Foreman22Posted 5/16/2014 7:02:28 AM
Here is what I want information on:

1. Dragon Age 3

2. Fallout 4

3. Mass Effect 4

4. Destiny

5. External hard drive.
---
They have eyes but do not see. They have ears but do not hear.
#5MrImpatient35Posted 5/16/2014 7:07:46 AM
This isn't really a prediction, but a HOPE! If they announced another MechAssault or Zone of the Enders, I'll f'n lose it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially MechAssault. I barely answered my phone the year it came out.
---
FML
#6Infamous0nePosted 5/16/2014 7:08:22 AM
Great post, but you forgot to add the pic from the XB1 game dev on Reddit shoeing external storage being installed and 1TB of HDD space. Another positive for MS I'd their incredible system updates, far far surpassing Sony and the PS4.

The funny thing is the Sony fanboys going insane right now with damage control. "Microsoft is desperate" etc. Yeah they're so desperate that they're dropping bombs and megatons to make room during E3 for other megatons, right?

This will be the E3 of forever. Based Phil Spencer!
#7Infamous0nePosted 5/16/2014 7:10:27 AM
N2O1990 posted...
Some kind of Japanese exclusive game by Platinum games

Project Nangano or whatever its called by Platinum? Would be surprised to see at E3, I think they're saving it for TGS.
#8Skynet82997Posted 5/16/2014 7:17:14 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
This isn't really a prediction, but a HOPE! If they announced another MechAssault or Zone of the Enders, I'll f'n lose it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially MechAssault. I barely answered my phone the year it came out.

Me too - if they just did a remake of the first MA with next gen graphics I would buy it for sure.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#9Revival125Posted 5/16/2014 7:22:32 AM
This is like North Korea levels of PR.
---
Spread Your Wings And Fly Away With Me
#10InjusticeRebornPosted 5/16/2014 7:35:18 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

Me too - if they just did a remake of the first MA with next gen graphics I would buy it for sure.

THIS!!!

I don't want to start something, but it has been said a few times, and I feel like it rings true now - despite my opinion on the removal of Kinect, as a whole we have heard pretty much all good from Xbox of late. Seems to be where the party is happening at the moment.

Can't say the same for my first choice in entering the newer generation. But I can wait for E3.
---
"I love my PS4 but Sony could kick the fan-boys in the throat and they would call it a neck-massage." - a PS4 gamer