Microsoft dropping MEGATONS before E3: the truth and your expectations

#31ILikesCheesePosted 5/16/2014 8:59:16 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
TheBiggerOne posted...
... 1TB White Xbox One w/o optical disc drive for $350...

Anybody excited or glad about this is just too eager to bend over for Microsoft and let them have their way with you.

Why? DD screws you from any company, MS isn't any worse, and I'd rather lose Blu Ray than Kinect.

The very fact that you want to keep the Kinect shows that you are not thinking clearly.

And no, not "every company screws you with DD."

The argument against DD on the Microsoft system is a simple one: Just compare the games available for download to their brick and mortar counterparts. The difference in price after sometimes only a few weeks is staggering. Without the B&M market, Microsoft is free to over charge their customers whatever they want since they are slaves to their business plan at that point.

This is known as the "Company Store Concept", a closed market created by coal mine owners years ago.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#32scoobydoobydontPosted 5/16/2014 9:02:20 AM
Dear Mr. Cheese,

The DD Xbone would just be one SKU, it wouldn't eliminate the other SKU's.

Your dearest friend,
scooby
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
#33Ramsus082Posted 5/16/2014 9:05:53 AM
Hopefully FROM Software is active at E3, I'd love to see another Armored Core game.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#34BroadwayGPUPosted 5/16/2014 9:06:55 AM
ROFLd posted...
Phil Spencer, new head (and savior) of Xbox, said that this E3 will be crammed packed and they're running out of space for everything. Let's logically run by the megatons dropped by Microsoft in the past 2 weeks and get an idea for what's in store:

- Sunset Overdrive media blowout. INCREDIBLE POSITIVE FEEDBACK from gamers, and the game looks astonishing (what Insomniac has been "building up for the past 20 years to make"). Something that surely is E3 material.

-Paywall dropped for apps on Xbox platforms. Even though MS has charged for the past 11 years, gamers complained and they listened. Again, surely E3 material (positive listening message, crowd cheers, gamers watching go "about time, nice!")

-$399 Xbox One without Kinect. The video by Yusef and Spencer explaining that Kinect makes XB1 a superior experience (if you have an XB1 you know what I mean) but gamers wanted choices, and that many people just want to play Titanfall or CoD multiplayer with friends for a cheaper price point, said it all. Could've been them live explaining this at E3, and E3 is known for price drops. Again, positive E3 material.

-GwG Xbox One announced, as well as Deals With Gold (75%-90% off titles for Gold members). For icing on the cake, an incredible Xbox 360 GwG month, Dark Souls, Charlie Murder and SSF4: AE (during the same month the Street Fighter Ultra DLC comes out, meaning newcomers can upgrade for $15). All amazing games, and the first time over two games as well. Again, E3-esque.

-Halo 5 Guardians reveal. Boxart and direction looks AMAZING, and this is undoubtedly E3 material. I understand we only got a sneak peak, but this is Halo we're talking about. Look at the positive responses around the web now --- imagine E3? Yeah, were probably gonna more on stage but this was of to reveal on an early Friday morning.

Now, ALL of this got released a month before E3, no leaks, just straight from Microsoft. Even right now on Twitter their talking about how this E3 will be games, games and games, for the gamers. If all this amazing stuff got announced pre-E3, what do you think they have in store?

My top 5 predictions:
Eden Falls RPG made by Lionhead
H2A with Halo 5 beta
Forza Horizon 2
More Indies
Quantum Break blowout

I'm only listing 5 predictions because this post is long enough, lol. What say you?

U plAy lacrosse??
---
ALMIGHTY BROADWAY
#BroadwayGPUTopic
#35ImThe8thWonderPosted 5/16/2014 9:08:37 AM
I don't understand why they're playing most of their cards before E3. With Halo 5 and Kinectless SKU announced, what else could they have as a wow factor at E3?
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#36ILikesCheesePosted 5/16/2014 9:18:15 AM
Dear Mr. Cheese,

Your dearest friend,
scooby

A) That's why I said anyone interested in that version of the console is just asking to get bent over by Microsoft.

B) Anyone who thinks that Microsoft doesn't want to make that version of the console the only version of the console at some point in the future doesn't see the whole picture.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#37Ramsus082Posted 5/16/2014 9:18:43 AM
They're in an unenviable position, too, since they're not going to be able to show off their multiplatform titles for obvious reasons. It'll fall to their exclusives to carry the show, and Halo 5 is already out of the bag. That's not to say that a teaser trailer at E3 wouldn't get people excited, because it would, but it's odd that they'd leak their biggest trump card before a show that's going to be extremely important to the future of the Xbox brand right now.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#38ILikesCheesePosted 5/16/2014 9:21:11 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
Hopefully FROM Software is active at E3, I'd love to see THAT PROJECT BEAST! game.

Fixed.

:D
---
#39scoobydoobydontPosted 5/16/2014 9:21:36 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Dear Mr. Cheese,

Your dearest friend,
scooby

A) That's why I said anyone interested in that version of the console is just asking to get bent over by Microsoft.

B) Anyone who thinks that Microsoft doesn't want to make that version of the console the only version of the console at some point in the future doesn't see the whole picture.

I assure you, Sony wants that future too. Nintendo... who the **** knows.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
#40ILikesCheesePosted 5/16/2014 9:22:47 AM
BroadwayGPU posted...
U plAy lacrosse??

I played lacrosse one year back in high school.

god it's a stupid game!

:)
---