Microsoft dropping MEGATONS before E3: the truth and your expectations

#41ILikesCheesePosted 5/16/2014 9:25:27 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
I assure you, Sony wants that future too. Nintendo... who the **** knows.

Yeah, that rumor of a PS4 without an optical drive is ALL OVER the net these days, huh?

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#42scoobydoobydontPosted 5/16/2014 9:30:04 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
I assure you, Sony wants that future too. Nintendo... who the **** knows.

Yeah, that rumor of a PS4 without an optical drive is ALL OVER the net these days, huh?

:D

There have been rumors, and the DD Xbone isn't exactly 'all over' either. It was from the ntkernal guy on NeoGAF that one day, and it got spread around from that. Of course, ntkernal has turned out valid more than once... =O
---
http://i.imgur.com/MBPlg7Z.jpg
#43BoxTheMuppetPosted 5/16/2014 9:33:50 AM
I'd like to see a next gen borderlands that is huge.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#44Exodus_PrimePosted 5/16/2014 9:39:18 AM
Dear Mr.Cheese,

You're not doing enough damage control please try harder.

Your pal Exo
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#45Combo626Posted 5/16/2014 9:40:43 AM
I just want Fallout 4. Make that happy and I love you long time.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE! - Frieza/Shao Kahn
#46Blade_Of_IcePosted 5/16/2014 9:58:31 AM
TheBiggerOne posted...
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo 2: Anniversary Edition
- Halo 3 & 4 for Xbox One
- Sunset Overdrive
- Gears of War 4
- Quantum Break
- Forza Horizon 2
- Fable Legends
- Crackdown 3
- Platinum's Project Nagano
- Titanfall DLC
- Resident Evil 7 (exclusive on Xbox One)
- New IP from Epic
- 3rd party stuff (CoD, The Division, etc.)
- Indie love

- 1TB White Xbox One w/o optical disc drive for $350
- Sunset Overdrive Xbox One SKU
- $150 super-mini Xbox 360 with no disc drive
- Online game license renting
- Backwards compatibility for digital 360 titles in future Xbox One SKUs

most of this
#47KolanifvPosted 5/16/2014 10:22:43 AM
Infamous0ne posted...
Kolanifv posted...
Infamous0ne posted...
Great post, but you forgot to add the pic from the XB1 game dev on Reddit shoeing external storage being installed and 1TB of HDD space. Another positive for MS I'd their incredible system updates, far far surpassing Sony and the PS4.

I don't see how 1TB of external hard drive space is at all impressive when you consider that some PS4 users currently have 2TB of internal space.

The post in particular had someone install a 1TB had. You can install 2tb and higher.

Logic, how does it work?

You can install it now. You also void your warranty by removing the security seal over the HD, which also notifies Microsoft that your console has been altered. The difference is that Sony actively encourages and supports it, and Microsoft expects you to wait until they patch in external support.
#48pblimp360Posted 5/16/2014 11:04:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#49pblimp360Posted 5/16/2014 11:06:24 AM
I expect MS' E3 to kick all kinds of ass. I agree with everything you said, TC.

If they're revealing this now, they have to have much more in store for us at E3 where the ultimate limelight awaits.

What I expect and hope...

1. Halo 5: Guardians new engine showcased in some detail with actual gameplay and the idea of the stories scope and it to be announced it's open world with us being allowed to traverse planetary systems. Epic.s*** in other words.

2. Speaking of Epic, I expect the next Gears of War to be announced and hopefully see the new UN4 engine at play but I expect a trailer which is fine.

3. Quantum Break gameplay. Long overdue and I read they improved their engine as well. Looking forward to that.

4. More from Sunset Overdrive in general. We've already got some gameplay videos, but it's another thing to showcase this at E3 with likel new weapons and events in the game to be shown.

5. Crackdown 3. I'm hoping this is true, and I hope it's a vibrant and beautiful as Sunset Overdrive is, except with super powers of course and a big ass world to jump around in. It needs to look as wild and crazy as Saints Row 4.

6. Indie games. Of course they have to focus on them. They need to show they are dedicated to them as a lot of gamers want it and the PS4 is very welcoming to them. I expect a revised policy on allowing them to come to the system at a later date, instead of release date parity and for devs to be all over that s***. Also, MS kicked off the love with the 360, they should by all rights be a leader in bringing them out on their system. The X1 could use a ton of arcade titles anyway.

7. External HD support. It's already being teased...

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-18131-Xbox-One-External-Hard-Drive-Support-Teased-by-Developer.html

8. Battletoads and Perfect Dark were on that supposed leaked list. I and I'm sure many gamers are hoping those are true. It's well past time for those to come back and MS needs to go further into making sure they're near AAA funded games with solid developers. Also, as many have stated, they need to invest in their previous IP's and make use of them. Banjo Kazooie and Viva Piņata are two prime examples. Heck, they could even announce the latter two as original Xbox shows. Viva already had a cartoon at one point. Why not?

9. New exclusives and surprise announcements from high profile developers (like, Volition, Valve, Epic, BioWare) for both the controller based games and Kinect. I'm hoping they give people a reason to want the Kinect going forward after the most recent changes.

10. We all know one thing certain from the leaked list to be true is the GwG announcement. I'm hoping beyond that MS unveils plans for the near future in a new streaming service, behind the Gold paywall of course, for 360 games to be playable on the X1 much like Sony's "Playstation Now" which includes full retail titles and arcade titles.

Fingers crossed. : )
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#50regsantotomasPosted 5/16/2014 11:12:09 AM
I think that some of the predictions here are not only highly possible but even probably.

The two things I would like to see outside of new IPs and great sequels:

Family Sharing
NFL Sunday Ticket
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego