A Generational Hatred of Xbox?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. A Generational Hatred of Xbox?
2 years ago#1
Considering the amount of tenuously-relevant threads on the Xbox One boards as of late, I wanted to discuss the elephant in the room - brand extremism.

It's an odd fellow; though I've seen people psychotically obsessive about, say, Nintendo, I see more people with the inverse reaction to the Xbox.

So many people have an outright hatred of the brand which seems so polar that it must be premeditated.

I have a theory; debunk or dismiss it as necessary.

You see, I am born of the early eighties, so I am naturally more accepting of multiple brands. But I believe those who grew up with the PlayStation and N64 as their "coming of age" consoles are more ingrained with the mentality of a "console allegiance". Arguably the only time this was rampant before was SNES vs MegaDrive/Genesis, but even then we happily gamed with our "rival club" pals.

PlayStation's marketing was so aggressively 90s teen, club-serious, faux-adult stuff that the stony-faced nature has followed zealots to their adulthood, which is not to belittle their characters but may explain why Sony-only devotees are so unforgiving when it comes to accepting Xbox, Nintendo or often even PC games into their lifestyles.

Summarised: It's a generational generalisation of those coaxed into "picking a side"; similar things occur with all brands. But those of this particular age were most susceptible to Xbox hatred for this reason.
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
2 years ago#2
Lol @_@
2 years ago#3
noone hates xbox or sony that really matters, just a buncha whiny, immature kids that want to feel they belong to something, that whole generational hatred of xbox is all in your head
Proud owner of PS 1-4, PSP, PS Vita(Greatness Awaits)
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
2 years ago#4
People are also unforgiving with how hard MS tried screwing everyone over.
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
2 years ago#5
I admit pre-emptively that my theory may be personal/circumstantial, but that's mentioned in the original post.

I may be a presumptuous old man, but not without foundations.
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
2 years ago#6
It's mostly insecure teenage boys and young men - they always get like this - could be over anything - sports teams, lifting methodology, cars - it's all the same crap.

Just insecure young guys, and of course there's a certain contingent of neck bearded man children that obsess over this stuff, but by and large it's insecure young guys with ego issues.
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
2 years ago#7
The fact that you are only calling out Sony fans shows that you are projecting your own opinions onto them. Somehow I don't doubt that you feel the same way about Sony products.
2 years ago#8
Skynet82997 posted...
It's mostly insecure teenage boys and young men - they always get like this - could be over anything - sports teams, lifting methodology, cars - it's all the same crap.

Just insecure young guys, and of course there's a certain contingent of neck bearded man children that obsess over this stuff, but by and large it's insecure young guys with ego issues.

Don't forget the "no way i can forgive said company for screwing me over said amount of years ago" damn let it go lol it's not to hold grudges man, especially over video games.
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
2 years ago#9
I agree but there is nothing us old guys can do about it : / they won't listin.
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
2 years ago#10
Exodus_Prime posted...
Skynet82997 posted...

Don't forget the "no way i can forgive said company for screwing me over said amount of years ago" damn let it go lol it's not to hold grudges man, especially over video games.

Yes - another sign of that immaturity - the whole "The MAN is trying to screw me over! The WORLD owes me something!"

Also, acting as if any major corporation isn't in it for the money....lol...
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. A Generational Hatred of Xbox?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived