A Generational Hatred of Xbox?

#31demollyonPosted 5/16/2014 2:42:19 PM
Nope. It's just douchebaggery. It's cool and hip to hate on Microsoft. PSN gets hacked? No big deal. Google sell your private data? So what? Developers selling pre-launch DLC? Who cares? Paying for MGS:GZ (a demo for all intents and purposes)? No problem.

Microsoft is responsible for all evil in this world.
#32Bellum_SacrumPosted 5/16/2014 2:44:32 PM
Gentlemen, the one and only truth is that fanboys are just unfortunate individuals who don't have a choice.

They did not choose whatever it is they are defending. They are stuck with it, and just trying to find comfort through reassurance or association with people that suffer from similar circumstances.

Sociology 101.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#33Spiderman23JIIPosted 5/16/2014 2:52:17 PM
What's really hilarious is the fact people forget huge amount of hate Sony back when the PS3 first came out. The pendulum always swings.
---
Dan's so unique he gets his own move name variation, also he disconnected because when you get perfected by Dan your PSN is deleted - Shadow Geno
#34Ramsus082Posted 5/16/2014 2:53:37 PM
Personally, when I see posters doing silly things like categorizing Internet trolls into neat little categories so they can make observations about them, it's because they're looking for validation for their views from their audience.

Apple fanboys hate Xbox for precisely the same reason Xbox fanboys despise iTunes.

Microsoft fanboys dislike Xbox for making their company "impure" (console).

Only Sony-only people are as aggressive and persistent as they are, in my experience.*

Have you considered that you might be under the influence of confirmation bias?
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#35xOmniCloudxPosted 5/16/2014 2:55:33 PM
A reassurance thread for Xbox and people supporting getting constantly screwed over even when it is dead obvious each and every time? How typical for people speaking positively of Xbox...
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#36danger_brandonPosted 5/16/2014 3:04:28 PM
I don't HATE Xbox. I just never liked the systems they've released. I'm not a fan of Xbox, I prefer Sony. But that doesn't mean I'm going to disown anyone for owning the console of their choice. I grew up on Nintendo & Sony. Do I think that has something to do with disliking M$? Ehh...maybe, but as an adult with an open mind, I accept all systems, consoles, whatever. I just never cared for Xbox and their exclusives. Is that so bad?
---
PSN: DangerBrandon
Last Platinum: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD; Currently Playing: Pokemon X; In Queue: Mass Effect
#37zinsindettaPosted 5/16/2014 3:10:57 PM
I do not care, I love it and I have more real life friends with Xbox Ones then Wii U's and PS4's combined. I do not even know anyone with a Vita. And I know a lot of people in real life.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#38leatheljPosted 5/16/2014 3:17:26 PM
danger_brandon posted...
I don't HATE Xbox. I just never liked the systems they've released. I'm not a fan of Xbox, I prefer Sony. But that doesn't mean I'm going to disown anyone for owning the console of their choice. I grew up on Nintendo & Sony. Do I think that has something to do with disliking M$? Ehh...maybe, but as an adult with an open mind, I accept all systems, consoles, whatever. I just never cared for Xbox and their exclusives. Is that so bad?

Why do you come here then? If your really not it interested in xbox in not interested in wii u so I don't ever go to that board.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#39md22mdrxPosted 5/16/2014 3:18:39 PM
The hatred I think is more for Microsoft as a company, not the Xbox itself ... Though Xbox didn't do itself any favors with the RROD issues last gen. There's a generation of gamers who now see the Xbox as faulty and ready to break down any moment. As for Microsoft, the hatred of them goes back to Netscape and their attempts to monopolize certain areas of their industry. Their failure of their Windows systems (in the eyes of the people, not sales) keeps getting worse with every new version.

Apple's market share was under 5% in the 90s. Look at what Microsoft has done to alienate their base. What's Apple's share now?
#401upsuperPosted 5/16/2014 3:20:29 PM
My first gaming platform was my NES, so I'm far from being of the 32-/64-bit generation, and I don't really care much for XBOX. The XBOX family has never gotten enough of the genres that I like, and Nintendo and Sony platforms totally meet my needs for that with respect to modern releases.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper | 3DS eShop GOTY: Yumi's Odd Odyssey.
Official Frost Five of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.