A Generational Hatred of Xbox?

#41Garage_ManPosted 5/16/2014 2:26:05 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
It's mostly insecure teenage boys and young men - they always get like this - could be over anything - sports teams, lifting methodology, cars - it's all the same crap.

Just insecure young guys, and of course there's a certain contingent of neck bearded man children that obsess over this stuff, but by and large it's insecure young guys with ego issues.

Don't forget the "no way i can forgive said company for screwing me over said amount of years ago" damn let it go lol it's not to hold grudges man, especially over video games.

That's my choice to not like the x1 based in what they show. Tell me, how many people rag on apple for costing a crap ton but praise the nexus 5 for being cheap?

I didn't like how MS has EVER treated the Xbox. To date ivd never owned one (but ive been thinking about getting a 360 used) and they have only themselves to thank for it.

I'll most likely get a x1 depending on e3 BUT it will be used because I will NOT support the Xbox devision. I don't like what they stand for and how they support it. Doesn't mean I won't play their games though ;)

Call it childish, egotistical or whatever you want. I use and buy Windows, Office, Visual Studio and I use Skype. I support things when they are doing good. Sue me.
#42kingrat2314Posted 5/16/2014 2:31:51 PM
Everyone still games with their "rival club" pals. I've never witnessed this so called "brand extremism" outside of the Internet. Hell, I'm a sony fan and my best friend is an xbox fan.
---
"You gonna just keep running away?!"
"Just keep running away? ...I'm not running."
#43stage4saiyanPosted 5/16/2014 2:53:43 PM
I sincerely, in my heart of hearts, believe it's because Xbox is made by an American company.
---
PACKER TRACKER: 8-7-1 Regular Season 2013 NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS
XBL: JudasKiss12 PSN: Lionheart2390
#443HPPosted 5/16/2014 2:54:54 PM
stage4saiyan posted...
I sincerely, in my heart of hearts, believe it's because Xbox is made by an American company.

Owned by an American company. If you want to get technical it's made by the Chinese.
#45BlueEye0Posted 5/16/2014 2:57:34 PM
Personally dont hate it. Just found it hilarious at the beginning how outclassed it was by the PS4, how Microsoft get going back on their word and how the whole thing has crashed and burned. And now its pity.
---
3DS FC:2809-8335-2844
#46stage4saiyanPosted 5/16/2014 2:57:58 PM
3HP posted...
stage4saiyan posted...

Owned by an American company. If you want to get technical it's made by the Chinese.

Yeah, that. Videogames were, for the longest time, a heavily Japanese-influenced hobby. Yeah, Atari was huge, but the current generation of "core" gamers are from the N64/PS1 days. When Microsoft jumped into the fray, it was almost like someone found a "secret club" or something and everyone wanted them out.
---
#47ZerabpPosted 5/16/2014 3:03:43 PM
TC I actually think the opposite of your theory is true. Those who have been gaming the longest had their first negative experience with the actual console manufacturer with the 360. In the past the consoles lasted their lifetime and didn't need to be replaced.

I have an original NES, SNES etc all the way to the original Xbox that I have had since I was a kid/teen/adult all still working perfectly none needing repairs or replacements. Keep in mind the Sega and Nintendo systems were used and played by my 4 other siblings and their friends as well as myself and my friends. I have had to go through five 360s all were only played by me my wife and our friends. Only one was RROD and that was the latest one which we almost never played out of fear of it failing The rest were from other things failing. All of them had great ventilation and were rarely moved and dusted often. Conversely I have a launch PS4 that took 8 years of extremely heavy use to YLOD which was fixed in a day for $60 is still constantly under heavy load and fully operational.

Quite simply there was no excuse for how poorly the 360 was manufactured and how low the quality of materials they used was. That's not getting into going from the amazing and intuitive blade GUI to the wretched and horrid Metro GUI. Even today the slim 360's sit at an estimated 15% failure rate while the PS3 sits at 4% overall and the Wii is at 2%. The 360 had great games a great controller and great potential though despite it's abysmal design and quality, I wouldn't have paid for four (one was able to be exchanged at Gamestop for free because he had the replacement plan and wouldn't let us renew it for obvious reasons.) if I didn't enjoy the games. Then they announced the XB1, the rumors started and I thought no way would they be that stupid until Adam Orth pretty much confirmed everything with his now infamous "#dealwithit". Then E3 reconfirmed it and even with all the turning around of their simply bad policies they have never once acknowledged that they were bad policies.

They still think everything about their original vision for the XB1 was just misunderstood and that we just didn't understand their messaging. To this day in their mind it wasn't the metaphorical raping of the consumer that was wrong, no it was the way they tried to get the consumer to accept the metaphorical rape that was wrong. They have said multiple times that they wished they'd have explained everything better, as if it would change the easily understood reality about their policies.

So from my experience TC it is the people who are smart enough not to trust a corporate entity that has proven itself beyond willing to trample their consumers rights that are uninterested in forgiving and forgetting. Are their some people who are just Sony, Nintendo, and now even PC fanboys? Absolutely. These are the ones you describe in your post however the majority of people "hating" on microsoft are simply grown ups who have already seen enough of their consumer right sapped away by the MPAA, RIAA, and the like. Anyone who bought a Sony CD and played on their PC knows exactly how much you can trust them as well.

Constant vigilance TC. Some of us believe in speaking with our wallets and defending what few consumer rights we have left.
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#48Megamushroom666Posted 5/16/2014 3:04:37 PM
All of this hate is just Karma for MS initially putting out a terrible package.
---
Girl gets gangsta with a shovel: youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com
#49Mr_Big_BossPosted 5/16/2014 3:07:55 PM
I was born in 85, I grew up with Sega and Nintendo. I came around after Atari's time had faded, but I enjoyed those old games. Sony came along and I enjoyed them too. Microsoft came along and ruined Rare, released broken hardware, and introduced various forms of greed into the industry. I have no interest in their products.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#50stage4saiyanPosted 5/16/2014 3:11:09 PM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
I was born in 85, I grew up with Sega and Nintendo. I came around after Atari's time had faded, but I enjoyed those old games. Sony came along and I enjoyed them too. Microsoft came along and ruined Rare, released broken hardware, and introduced various forms of greed into the industry. I have no interest in their products.

The first Xbox was amazing. Best multiplats, great exclusives, and gave smaller devs a chance to shine. The 360 was a 9/10 console for the first few years, then teetered off. I hope the Xbone turns around and is a knockout, really. How someone has no interest in either the original Xbox or early 360...I will never understand.

Also, greed in the industry? C'mon man. Paying for XBL is BS, but Sony followed suit. MS didn't ask for $600 for a console that was a waste until the end of it's life cycle.
---