A Generational Hatred of Xbox?

#81ILikesCheesePosted 5/17/2014 6:09:43 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
It's mostly insecure teenage boys and young men - they always get like this - could be over anything - sports teams, lifting methodology, cars - it's all the same crap.

Just insecure young guys, and of course there's a certain contingent of neck bearded man children that obsess over this stuff, but by and large it's insecure young guys with ego issues.

You're describing yourself and the Microsoft-Can-Do-No-Wrong-Camp, right? Sure sounds like it.

:D

Sorry Champ, but in no way, shape or form do I feel, or have I ever felt, that MS can do no wrong. That's absurd, but nice try though. Also, I'm not young.

Labeling anyone who complains about Microsoft or has a negative viewpoint of the Xbox One such as you did is the definition of immaturity (for the Fanboys) or ad hominem (for the shills.)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#82ILikesCheesePosted 5/17/2014 6:11:33 AM(edited)
CombaticusXY posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
It's mostly insecure teenage boys and young men - they always get like this - could be over anything - sports teams, lifting methodology, cars - it's all the same crap.

Just insecure young guys, and of course there's a certain contingent of neck bearded man children that obsess over this stuff, but by and large it's insecure young guys with ego issues.

You're describing yourself and the Microsoft-Can-Do-No-Wrong-Camp, right? Sure sounds like it. :D

Way to prove him right... such an immature response

See the above post to understand why your conclusion is incorrect.

---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#83ILikesCheesePosted 5/17/2014 6:23:25 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
It seems my personal experiences of a particular group are not the rule, but instead that of radical extremists.

At this point it becomes obvious that you are either:

1) Intentionally Trolling

or

2) Purposefully Ignorant

"Radical Extremists"?!? Now you're just talking out of your rear and ignoring the logical arguments.
---
#84Skynet82997Posted 5/17/2014 6:27:42 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Skynet82997 posted...

You're describing yourself and the Microsoft-Can-Do-No-Wrong-Camp, right? Sure sounds like it.

Sorry Champ, but in no way, shape or form do I feel, or have I ever felt, that MS can do no wrong. That's absurd, but nice try though. Also, I'm not young.

Labeling anyone who complains about Microsoft or has a negative viewpoint of the Xbox One such as you did is the definition of immaturity (for the Fanboys) or ad hominem (for the shills.)

Your basic premise is flawed - I am not labeling "anyone who complains about Microsoft or has a negative viewpoint of the Xbox One" - I'm labeling the obvious clowns who passively/aggressively troll the boards with very obvious intentions of doing nothing more than starting flame wars. And for those folks, my assessment is spot on.

Your problem is (and always has been) your attempts to suggest that I (or we - the people on this board who own an XB1) label every last poster who has even legitimate complaints about the XB1 as trolls - now, some of the more hardcore XB fanboys here do that, but I don't - and many of the other reasonable posters here don't do that either - so again, the basic premise is flawed.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#85ILikesCheesePosted 5/17/2014 6:35:20 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
It's mostly insecure teenage boys and young men - they always get like this... Just insecure young guys, and of course there's a certain contingent of neck bearded man children that obsess over this stuff, but by and large it's insecure young guys with ego issues.

Skynet82997 posted...
Your basic premise is flawed - I am not labeling "anyone who complains about Microsoft or has a negative viewpoint of the Xbox One"

Do you even realize how foolish you look when both those quotes are placed together?

-
---
#86Skynet82997Posted 5/17/2014 6:42:37 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
It's mostly insecure teenage boys and young men - they always get like this... Just insecure young guys, and of course there's a certain contingent of neck bearded man children that obsess over this stuff, but by and large it's insecure young guys with ego issues.

Skynet82997 posted...
Your basic premise is flawed - I am not labeling "anyone who complains about Microsoft or has a negative viewpoint of the Xbox One"

Do you even realize how foolish you look when both those quotes are placed together?

-

How so? I said of the people that behave this way, it's mostly insecure guys or angry man children - of the people that behave as I've described - not "every last person who has a negative outlook about the XB1".

But the problem with trying to have this discussion with you, is that in a million years, you'll never even come halfway - you will simply characterize me in such a way (even though it's patently false) to fit your (false) assessment of me so you can "win" the argument.

So, it doesn't matter what I say - you'll just continue to twist it, and attempt to use it to falsely characterize me so I fit in your little box, and "win".

I can't say it any more clearly - I do not think the XB1 is the second coming, I think MS made a tremendous amount of bad decisions and the console is not in any way "perfect" in my opinion.

But that doesn't matter, you'll just continue to cherry pick what I say, while ignoring most of the rest of it, so you can paint me in exactly the way YOU want to - even though it's not true.

But by all means, continue arguing about a plastic toy - I definitely have better things to do today.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#87MetroidFan9999Posted 5/17/2014 6:45:24 AM
The victim mentality on this board is incredibly thick.

It's complete insanity that most people here cannot blame MS for people criticizing this product....no, it's because they are "insecure teenagers", MS is fine".

It's like senile old "Ford lovers" have invaded this board.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#88ILikesCheesePosted 5/17/2014 6:46:05 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
Your problem is (and always has been) your attempts to suggest that I (or we - the people on this board who own an XB1) label every last poster who has even legitimate complaints about the XB1 as trolls - now, some of the more hardcore XB fanboys here do that, but I don't - and many of the other reasonable posters here don't do that either - so again, the basic premise is flawed.

If ridiculing posters who:

1) Refuse to discuss critical points of an argument logically or even maturely
2) Happily ignore all elements of an argument or points of view that counter their own
3) Think the height of a debate rests with the Ad Hominem

...is a "problem" I'm delighted to have that problem. And yes, both you and the TC do fall into that category, despite your attempts to deny that simple truth with your favored "the basic premise is flawed" phrase.

---
#89nb003_99Posted 5/17/2014 6:46:46 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
I must say, I went to bed and expected fairly limited responses, and what I received were some truly varied opinions on the subject.

It seems my personal experiences of a particular group are not the rule, but instead that of radical extremists.

Though I expected a binary response to this knowledge, instead you responded with a real jambalaya of mixed experiences, about how certain brands have affected your social groups dependent on your age.

Frankly, I'm glad in this instance my own personal experiences are not mirrored by all.

But dear god, please quit it with the ad hominem responses, it's tedious stuff. I've proven many times who I am, occupation, where I'm from, my general bias/slant, and post-graduate credentials, but I don't know why I felt it was necessary to do so. I'm not killing any puppies, merely having a chat with some people who share varying degrees of passion in a shared hobby.. I suggest if you can't focus on the topic at hand, perhaps at least consider your own motives before slandering me.

Do you work for Ubisoft?
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#90ILikesCheesePosted 5/17/2014 6:52:48 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
"Having egg and chips for dinner" is no longer just a benign statement.

Was it ever?

Ick. British 'Cuisine.'

:p
---