Console registered to someone else!?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Console registered to someone else!?
1 year ago#1
I just contacted Xbox support about a controller repair and they're saying my console is already registered to someone else, which is impossible since I have a Day One edition that I pre-ordered and received on the launch day.

Has anyone else had this problem? Surely it's impossible for someone else to register the console remotely or by mistake.
1 year ago#2
maybe they entered the wrong information when registering theirs? seems highly unlikely though.
---
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*
1 year ago#3
ftatman posted...
I just contacted Xbox support about a controller repair and they're saying my console is already registered to someone else, which is impossible since I have a Day One edition that I pre-ordered and received on the launch day.

Has anyone else had this problem? Surely it's impossible for someone else to register the console remotely or by mistake.

Lol looks like your Day One edition is pre-owned. Where did you buy it?
1 year ago#4
Don't call them.

Go to Xbox.com account. Repair. It's the same thing and faster

And maybe there you will see what was the mistake
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
1 year ago#5
I used their chat services so it was a fairly pleasant experience getting support from them.
They've escalated my problem to the Global Escalations team, who'll be in touch within a few days.

I got my pre-order from Tesco.com in the UK. As I said, it arrived on launch day. Impossible for anyone to have used it before me. Packaging was totally sealed and brand new. I think it must be a database glitch or something.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Console registered to someone else!?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived